Jump to navigation Jump to search
The suburbs are the areas north and south of the Swan River in greater Perth.
- 1 The Old Mill, Mill Point, South Perth Foreshore (next to the south end of the Narrows Bridge), ☏ +61 8 93675788. Tu-F 10AM-4PM, Sa Su 1-4PM. Built in 1835, the mill is the oldest surviving industrial building from Perth's colonial days. Left to ruin over the years, it has been restored along with the adjoining millhouse containing various colonial artifacts. It's a 15-min walk from the Mill Point Jetty, or take bus 34 from Wellington St Bus station. Free.
- 2 Perth Zoo, 20 Labouchere Rd, South Perth WA 6151. Open since 1898 and has an excellent reputation with both tourists and locals alike. Free guided tours are provided at 11AM and 1:30PM daily. Thirty-six animal fact files, featuring some of Perth Zoo's most popular species, are available for you to download free before your visit . Buses 30, 31 and 34 provide a quick and easy means by which to get to the zoo. But if you feel like a short walk, take the Transperth ferry from Elizabeth Quay. Once at Mends St Jetty, head up the hill along Mends St to the first major road (Mill Point Rd), cross at the traffic lights, turn left and then quickly right through the park to reach the zoo entrance. Children (4-15 yr) $12.50, adults $24.50.
- 3 Whiteman Park, Lord St, Whiteman (From Reid Hwy, go north on Lord St), ☏ +61 8 9209 6000. 8:30AM-6PM. A unique recreation and conservation reserve in the northern outskirts of Perth. Kids can pet the kangaroos and other wildlife and the grownups can enjoy the railway, railway museum, craft shops and loads more. Perth features an abundance of similar wildlife parks which are spread around the outskirts of the metropolitan area. Free.
- Swan River Boat Charters (The Magellan Boat Charters), Barrack St Jetty, ☏ +61 428 939 137. A fun activity to enjoy with the family or group of friends, exploring the Swan River waterways. The water is crystal clean and the views are majestic. Popular activities include drinks at dusk for a night cruise to check out the city skyline, and day trips to Rottnest Island.
- 1 Royal Show, Claremont showgrounds, ☏ +61 8 6263 3100, email@example.com. Held in the spring school holidays (last week of Sept or the first week of Oct), this showcase of WA agricultural produce, farm equipment and displays of equestrian events, sheep dog trials, wood chopping and prize farm animals has been going for more than 100 years. Entry fee.
- 2 Adventure World (in the outer suburb of Bibra Lake). This fun park features five waterslides, various rides for the adventurous, and a special 'Kids Cove' for children. Picnicking is encouraged or you can buy food on site (no alcohol is permitted). Contains only 1 little kiddy coaster, so it is definitely not for the serious thrillseeker. Best of all, unlimited rides are included in Adventure World's entry fee. Over summer, Adventure World also hosts several "Adults Only Pool Parties," which are held on either a Friday or Saturday night. The park is closed to children, and becomes a fully licensed venue, serving alcohol as well as hosting bands after dark. The easiest mode of transport is the car. You can also arrive via a short bus ride (#520 from either Cockburn Central train/bus station or Fremantle train station - frequencies range from half-hourly weekdays, hourly Saturdays and two-hourly on Sundays and public holidays - zone 3 fare).
- 1 Westfield Booragoon Shopping Centre, Risely Street, Booragoon. A shopping mall.
- 2 Le Botanist, 10/177 Rokeby road Subiaco, firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-5PM. Homewares, succulent bowls, outdoor and indoor houseplants and a range of pots, planters and garden accessories.
- Foo Wah Seafood Restaurant, Shop 3, 101 Collins Rd, Willetton. M W-F Su lunch 11:30AM-2PM, dinner 5-10PM. Closed Tuesday. Saturday dinner only.. Over 30 varieties of Western to authentic Asian foods. Eat in or Take-away
- 1 Central Caravan Park, 34 Central Ave Ascot, ☏ +61 8 9277 1704, toll-free: 1300 760 060, fax: +61 8 9479 4434, email@example.com.
- Perth International Tourist Park, 186 Hale Rd, Forrestfield, toll-free: 1800 626 677, fax: +61 8 9359 1787, firstname.lastname@example.org.