Piacenza is a city in Emilia-Romagna.
- 1 Iat Piacenza (Tourism Information Office), piazza Cavalli 10 (near the intersection with via Calzolai), ☏ +39 0523 492001. Daily 10:00–13:00 and 15:00-19:00; M-Sa 08:30-10:09 and 01:00-15:00. Inquire at Quinfo at the courtyard Palazzo Gotico (see below).
Linate and Malpensa (Milan) and Parma airport are the nearest. Piacenza can be reached also from Bologna and Bergamo Orio al Serio airport.
Piacenza is linked with the major cities in Emilia-Romagna and Lombardy by regional and local trains (Piacenza - Ancona and Piacenza - Milan line).
There is also a bus service (see below for SETA) to Cremona.
SETA run the local buses.
Mi Muovo is an integrated public transport pass for the region. Short-stay visitors might use "Mi Muovo Multibus", a 12-trip bus ticket, see Emilia Romagna#Get around.
- 1 Palazzo Farnese, Piazza Cittadella 29. A Renaissance palace of the Farnese family built in 16th century. The palace hosts the Civic Museums of Piacenza.
- 2 Palazzo Comunale (Il Gotico), Piazza dei Cavalli. A Gothic town hall built in 1281.
- 3 Palazzo dei Mercanti, Piazza dei Cavalli. Today it houses Piacenza's Town Hall.
- 4 Palazzo Scotti da Vigoleno (Palazzo della Prefettura). It houses the offices of the provincial administration.
- 5 Palazzo Costa, via Roma, 80. The palace hosts the Museo Ambientale.
- 6 Palazzo Landi.
- 7 Duomo di Picenza (Piacenza Cathedral). Built in 12th-13th centuries in Romanesque style.
- 8 Basilica di Sant'Antonino. This basilica with a characteristic octagonal tower is an example of early Romanesque architecture.
- 9 Galleria d'Arte Moderna Ricci Oddi (Ricci Oddi Gallery), via San Siro, 13, ☏ +39 0523 320742. The gallery was founded by collector Giuseppe Ricci Oddi Piacenza and opened in this building in 1931. It contains mainly works from Romanticism and some later periods.
Attend a A1 league volleyball match in the Pala Banca by Copra Elior Piacenza (men) or Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza (women).
Try the local Piacentine dishes in the traditional Osterias' such as the Pisarei e fasö, or the Panzerotti al Forno. Local Osterias' are also famous for serving wine in a traditional way, in small cups without a handle.
Coppa Piacentina - a type of cold cut produced in the region
Salume Piacentini - the most famous cold cut made in Piacenza
- Osteria Santo Stefano, Via Santo Stefano 22 (one of the best yet a bit pricy osterias)
- Osteria del Trentino, Via Del Castello, 71 (one of the most famous ostterias in the town of Piacenza)
- Trattoria La Pireina, Via Borghetto, 137 (a really typical traditional Piacentine restaurant)
- Trattoria San Giovanni, Via Garibaldi 49/A. (sober yet stylish interior, very good cooking)
- Signor Gelato, Via Vittorio Gadolino 5. Home made ice cream just outside city centre.
- Grande Albergo Roma, Via Cittadella 14.
- Hotel Ovest, via Primo Maggio 82.
As of June 2022, Piacenza has 4G from Tim, and 5G from Iliad, Vodafone and Wind Tre.