Jump to navigation Jump to search
Piacenza is a city in Emilia-Romagna.
- 1 Iat Piacenza (Tourism Information Office), piazza Cavalli 10 (near the intersection with via Calzolai), ☏ . Daily 10:00–13:00 and 15:00-19:00; M-Sa 08:30-10:09 and 01:00-15:00. Inquire at Quinfo at the courtyard Palazzo Gotico (see below).
There is also a bus service (see below for SETA) to Cremona.
- [dead link] SETA. Provides city bus services in Piacenza.
- 1 Palazzo Farnese, Piazza Cittadella 29. A Renaissance palace of the Farnese family built in 16th century. The palace hosts the Civic Museums of Piacenza.
- 2 Palazzo Comunale (Il Gotico), Piazza dei Cavalli. A Gothic town hall built in 1281.
- 3 Palazzo dei Mercanti, Piazza dei Cavalli. Today it houses Piacenza's Town Hall.
- 4 Palazzo Scotti da Vigoleno (Palazzo della Prefettura). It houses the offices of the provincial administration.
- 5 Palazzo Costa, via Roma, 80. The palace hosts the Museo Ambientale.
- 6 Palazzo Landi.
- 7 Duomo di Picenza (Piacenza Cathedral). Built in 12th-13th centuries in Romanesque style.
- 8 Basilica di Sant'Antonino. This basilica with a characteristic octagonal tower is an example of early Romanesque architecture.
- 9 Galleria d'Arte Moderna Ricci Oddi (Ricci Oddi Gallery), via San Siro, 13, ☏ . The gallery was founded by collector Giuseppe Ricci Oddi Piacenza and opened in this building in 1931. It contains mainly works from Romanticism and some later periods.
Attend a A1 league volleyball match in the Pala Banca by Copra Elior Piacenza (men) or Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza (women).
- Trattoria San Giovanni, Via Garibaldi 49/A. (sober yet stylish interior, very good cooking)
- Signor Gelato, Via Vittorio Gadolino 5. Home made ice cream just outside city centre.