Piacenza is a city in Emilia-Romagna.
- 1 Iat Piacenza (Tourism Information Office), piazza Cavalli 10 (near the intersection with via Calzolai), ☎ . daily 10 am – 1 pm and 3 pm - 7 pm; M-Sa 8.30 am - 10 am and 1 am - 3 pm it is possible to inquire at Quinfo at the courtyard Palazzo Gotico (see below).
There is also a bus service (see below for SETA) to Cremona.
- [dead link]SETA. Provides city bus services in Piacenza
- 1 Palazzo Farnese, Piazza Cittadella 29. A Renaissance palace of the Farnese family built in 16th century. The palace currently hosts the Civic Museums of Piacenza.
- 2 Palazzo Comunale (Il Gotico), Piazza dei Cavalli. A Gothic town hall built in 1281.
- 3 Palazzo dei Mercanti, Piazza dei Cavalli. Today it houses Piacenza's Town Hall.
- 4 Palazzo Scotti da Vigoleno (Palazzo della Prefettura). Currently houses the offices of the provincial administration.
- 5 Palazzo Costa, via Roma, 80. The palace now hosts the Museo Ambientale.
- 6 Palazzo Landi.
- 7 Duomo di Picenza (Piacenza Cathedral). Built in 12th-13th centuries in Romanesque style.
- 8 Basilica di Sant'Antonino. This basilica with a characteristic octagonal tower is an example of early Romanesque architecture.
- 9 Galleria d'Arte Moderna Ricci Oddi (Ricci Oddi Gallery), via San Siro, 13, ☎ . The gallery was founded by collector Giuseppe Ricci Oddi Piacenza and opened in this building in 1931. It contains mainly works from Romanticism and some later periods.
Attend a A1 league volleyball match in the Pala Banca by Copra Elior Piacenza (men) or Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza (women).
Trattoria San Giovanni - Via Garibaldi 49/A - 29121 - Piacenza (sober yet stylish interior, very good cooking)
Signor Gelato - Via Vittorio Gadolino 5 - Piacenza (home made ice cream just outside city centre)