Piacenza is a city in Emilia-Romagna.
- 1 Iat Piacenza (Tourism Information Office), piazza Cavalli 10 (near the intersection with via Calzolai), ☏ . Daily 10:00–13:00 and 15:00-19:00; M-Sa 08:30-10:09 and 01:00-15:00. Inquire at Quinfo at the courtyard Palazzo Gotico (see below).
Linate (Milan) and Parma airport are the nearest. Piacenza can be reached also from Bologna and Bergamo Orio al Serio airport.
Piacenza is linked with the major cities in Emilia-Romagna and Lombardy by regional and local trains (Piacenza - Ancona and Piacenza - Milan line).
There is also a bus service (see below for SETA) to Cremona.
- [dead link] SETA. Provides city bus services in Piacenza.
- 1 Palazzo Farnese, Piazza Cittadella 29. A Renaissance palace of the Farnese family built in 16th century. The palace hosts the Civic Museums of Piacenza.
- 2 Palazzo Comunale (Il Gotico), Piazza dei Cavalli. A Gothic town hall built in 1281.
- 3 Palazzo dei Mercanti, Piazza dei Cavalli. Today it houses Piacenza's Town Hall.
- 4 Palazzo Scotti da Vigoleno (Palazzo della Prefettura). It houses the offices of the provincial administration.
- 5 Palazzo Costa, via Roma, 80. The palace hosts the Museo Ambientale.
- 6 Palazzo Landi.
- 7 Duomo di Picenza (Piacenza Cathedral). Built in 12th-13th centuries in Romanesque style.
- 8 Basilica di Sant'Antonino. This basilica with a characteristic octagonal tower is an example of early Romanesque architecture.
- 9 Galleria d'Arte Moderna Ricci Oddi (Ricci Oddi Gallery), via San Siro, 13, ☏ . The gallery was founded by collector Giuseppe Ricci Oddi Piacenza and opened in this building in 1931. It contains mainly works from Romanticism and some later periods.
Attend a A1 league volleyball match in the Pala Banca by Copra Elior Piacenza (men) or Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza (women).
- Trattoria San Giovanni, Via Garibaldi 49/A. (sober yet stylish interior, very good cooking)
- Signor Gelato, Via Vittorio Gadolino 5. Home made ice cream just outside city centre.
- Grande Albergo Roma, Via Cittadella 14.
- Hotel Ovest, via Primo Maggio 82.