The main access way is by the Rodovia Presidente Dutra (Highway), in the paulista stretch, km. 99 - downtown is about 6 km from the highway. It also can be accessed by the old Rio-São Paulo highway, current SP-62.
Pindamonhangaba is a wide-street city, pratically divided by the railroad, old Central do Brasil, having its downtown located between the railroad and the river Paraíba do Sul. In this region is located the main commerce area, the main bank agencies, the Mother Church (Igreja matriz), the historical São José's Church (which keeps the remains of the most part of the Imperial Guard at service in the independence day), a small woody area called Bosque da Princesa, etc. There's also a district, Moreira Cesar, which can be accessed by Rodovia Presidente Dutra (there's a toll station between the entrances) or by the old Rio-SP.
- Trabiju's Ecological Reserve. The “Trabiju's Ecological Reserve” is one of the most beautiful ecological enclaves of Vale do Paraíba (Paraíba's Valley). Located around a beautiful waterfall it houses rare flora species: angico-branco, embaúba, guarantã, peroba , jaborandi, palmetto, bracken, etc; fauna species: coati, armadillo, monkey, jaguar, paca, wildhog, parakeet, etc. The law nº 1627, of June 27th 1979, prohibits any deforastation and the removal of any species of fauna and flora of the reserve
- Parque Reino das Águas Claras (Realm of Clear Waters's Park) (Nature, beautiful sights, pure air, a clear water river, swimming, besides folklore and culture, you will find all of this in Reino da Águas Claras enjoying a quiet stretch of the Piracuama River. Located in the foothills of Serra da Mantiqueira, right next to the highway that connects Pindamonhangaba to Campos do Jordão it was built in 1970. Installed in a green area of 21.311 m², it holds restaurant, changing room, cloakroom, children's park, barbecue grills and kiosks), Rodovia Caio Gomes Figueiredo, km 17, ☏ .
- Nova Gokula Farm (Rural community of the Hare-Krishna Movement, where you will find camping area, Hare-Krishna temple, trails and creeks. Access the website for directions and more information), ☏ .
- Piracuama Country Club (Enjoy one of the most beautiful leisure areas of the valley. There you will find the ideal place for swimming in rushing water pools, barbecuing, practicing sports and breathing the pure mountains air), Estrada João Jorge Saad - Piracuama, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Train ride to Campos do Jordão. Schedules and taxes on Railroad's website  [formerly dead link] or by phone +55 (12) 3644-7408 and +55 (12) 3644-7409.
In downtown area you can find bakeries, clothing stores, bank agencies, restaurants, dollar stores, retail shops, ice cream parlors and also department stores.
- Querência Pizza Restaurant & Brewhouse, Rua Dr. Laerte Machado Guimarães, 31, ☏ .
- Minuano Restaurant & Steakhouse, Av. Cel. Fernando Prestes, 212, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gramado Steakhouse and Taproom, Rua Bicudo Leme, 55, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Cervejaria Óbvio (Óbvio Brewhouse) - Good drinks, snacks and rock and roll bands playing all night long. [dead link] , Rua Prudente de Moraes, nº 222 - Downtown, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Wednesday to Sunday, from 19h until the last customer leaves the place.
- Hotel Comendador, Rua Dr. Monteiro César, 165, ☏ .
- Colonial Plaza Hotel, Av. N. Sra. do Bom Sucesso, 4201, ☏ .
- Pousada Casal 20 (Inn), Av. Dr. Antônio Pinheiro Jr, 244, ☏ .
|Routes through Pindamonhangaba|
|São José dos Campos ← Taubaté ←||S N||→ Aparecida → Resende|