Pistoia is in the Tuscany region of Italy with a population of about 100k that gives it a city feel, but it is tightly constructed and easy to get around and through by foot, however the city is rarely visited by tourists. The strategic location of the city makes it easy to visit all of Tuscany.
The main East - West train stops here.
- 1 Pistoia railway station, Piazza Dante Alighieri. Main station.
- 2 Pistoia Ovest railway station. Smaller station, only regional trains calls here.
Although it's not a busy tourist destination, there are many things to see in Pistoia. The city center is rich of ancient streets, squares and churches dating back to the medieval period.
- There is a great flea market on Wednesdays and Saturdays in Pistoia. It starts about 7:30 in the morning but is finished by 13:00. Great bargains to be had in clothes and shoes and household items.
- Montecatini Terme. A spa.
- Monsummano Terme. A spa.
- Hotel Villa Cappugi, Via Collegigliato, 45, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Residence Arte Mura, Viale Adua 159, 51100, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The town can serve as a handy base camp for exploring the surrounding area.