Placerville California is located approximately 39 miles from Sacramento and 43 miles from Lake Tahoe. Placerville is accessible from highway 50 east and west, also highway 49 east and west, and 193 south. the surrounding area's include Diamond Springs, El Dorado, Coloma, Camino, Pollock Pine's, Grass Valley, Pleasant Valley and Cameron Park. Placerville also has a small private airstrip located a mile or two outside the city, and there is also commuter bus's coming in from Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.
- Apple Hill. This is an area about 10 minutes' drive east of Placerville on Highway 50. There are dozens of apple ranches that cater mostly to Sacramento-area tourists who come seeking every imaginable product made from apples, such as cider, pies, donuts, wine, caramel apples, etc. Excellent family atmosphere. Some of the larger ranches have ponds, ducks, ponies, and picnic areas. Most of the ranches are open September to December only. A few stay open all year. Weekends in October can get very crowded.
- 1 Placerville Hardware, 441 Main St, ☎ . Having been in operation for over 150 years, this is the oldest continuously operated hardware store in west of the Mississippi; serves breakfast and lunch.
- Z-Pie, 3182 Center St, ☎ . Great pies, pleasant space, big menu, best eats we found in Placerville.
- [dead link]Albert Shafsky House Bed and Breakfast Inn, 2942 Coloma St, ☎ . A Queen Anne Victorian bed and breakfast which offers three guest rooms, each with its own theme and private bath, wine & cheese upon arrival, and a hearty breakfast each morning. Wireless internet.
- Best Western Placerville Inn, 6850 Green Leaf Dr, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
Jackson- 49 South. About 45 minutes away.
Sacramento- 50 West. About 45 to 70 minutes away, depending on traffic.
Auburn- 49 North. About 30 to 50 minutes away.
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park- 49 North. About 10 to 20 minutes away.
South Lake Tahoe- 50 East. About 1 1/2 hours away.
|Routes through Placerville|
|Sacramento ← El Dorado Hills ←||W E||→ Pollock Pines → Carson City|
|Auburn ← Coloma ←||N S||→ Plymouth → Oakhurst|