Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pocklington is a market town in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Pocklington has a population of 8,300
- 1 Burnby Hall Gardens. largest collection of hardy water lilies to be found in a natural setting in Europe
- 1 Pocklington Canal, ☏ . Sundays noon-4.30 PM. Every Sunday from Easter to the end of October, the Pocklington Canal Society runs restored river boats on the renovated and once again navigable part of the river for free (donations appreciated). Free.
- Pocklington Arts Centre, Market Place, ☏ .
- Sonali (Indian), 4 Saint Peters Square, ☏ .
- Thali (Indian), 13 Railway Street, ☏ .
- Pane E Vino (Italian), 16 Market Place, ☏ .
- The Garden (Chinese), 12 Railway Street, ☏ .
- Fui Sing (Take-away Chinese), 3 George Street, ☏ .
- Bella Vita (Take-away Italian), 78 Market Street, ☏ .
- Franks Kebabs and Pizza (Take-away), 21 Railway Street, ☏ .
- The World Peace Cafe Pocklington. Lovely non-profit vegetarian cafe located at Kilnwick Percy Hall.
- The Wolds Retreat (Kilnwick Percy Hall), ☏ . A B&B set in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds and run by the Madhyamaka Buddhist Centre. The accommodation is set in 42 acres of tranquil grounds which includes woodland, park, lakes and gardens. There are a wide range of activities including cycling and walking in the Wolds, golfing at the nearby KP Club with its avant garde clubhouse and gliding at the Wolds Gliding Club, the largest in the UK.
|Routes through Pocklington|
|York ← Wilberfoss ←||NW SE||→ Beverley → Kingston-upon-Hull|