Podujeva also called Besiana in Albanian is a small town in the rural hilly area between the capital of Kosovo Pristina and border with Serbia to the north.
The inter-city bus station is at the entrance of the town when coming from Pristina, with easy access to the town.
From Pristina, Podujeva is 35 km away on a partly highway road. Coming from Serbia, through Merdar, Podujeva is the first town. If you come from Albania, the easiest way is through the highway Durrës - Kukës - Prizren - Besi. From Mitrovica, you can use the regional road through Bajgora.
Since the town is not that big, the best way to get to see it is by walking. Taxis are quite inexpensive: you can get around the city for €2-3 at most.
- 1 Ura e Xhamisë, Rruga e Xhamisë.
- 2 Kulla e Zahir Pajazitit, Orllan, Podujeva.
- 3 Manchester Peace Park, Te Pishat Trail.
- 4 Orthodox Church of Saint Elijah, Rruga e Kishes, Podujeva.
- 1 Kafja e Sabitit, Zahir Pajaziti, 11000 Podujeva, ☏ . 07:00-22:00. A traditional restaurant that first opened in 1958 and is nicknamed the “Parliament of Podujeva.” It is a Podujeva Institution. You can eat Pasul(Traditional bean soup), and unlimited free Turkish tea.
- 2 Restaurant Adriatiku, Batllavë, Orllan, ☏ . 07:00-24:00. A must-visit restaurant in Batllava that serves traditional food, pizza, and fish. It offers beautiful views of the lake and it's family friendly.
- 3 Restaurant ORA, Merdare, Podujeva, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. 08:00-23:45. A restaurant and banquet hall that’s popular for weddings, proms, and other special events. ORA is an ideal place to spend time with family and children because it has a playground and it offers beautiful views of fields and hills.
- 4 Hotel & Restaurant Era Park, Merdare Podujeva, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Has the best outdoor seating of any restaurant in Podujeva. It has a combination of Balkan and international cuisine.
- 5 Restaurant Artela, ☏ . 08:00-24:00. You can see the entire city of Podujeva from here. It has playgrounds, tasty food and delicious desserts.
- 6 Restaurant Demë Ahmeti, Fshati Reçicë, ☏ . 08:00-24:00. Restaurant Demë Ahmeti is located in the village of Reçicë. A mountain village known for it's beauty. The reastaurant itself has a very vintage design and a great outdoor setting. It's cusine is mainly traditional, but with some combinations of international cusine aswell.
- 7 Restaurant Lugu, ☏ . 08:00-24:00. Lugu is a traditional restaurant with good food and good coffee.
- 1 Kafja e Sabitit, Rr. Zahir Pajaziti 79. 07:00-20:00. The best cafe in town! .50€ for a coffee.
- 2 Centrum, Rr. Zahir Pajaziti, Podujeva, ☏ . 07:00-24:00. A good place to rest and have fun with your friends. 0.50€ per coffee.
- 3 Sky Caffe, ☏ . 09:00-22:00. Sky Caffe Bar is a fun and lovely place to hang out. 0.50€ per coffee.
- 1 Hotel Besiana, Rr. Zahir Pajaziti, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 24h, check-out: 24h. $$.
- 2 Hotel Iliria, Podujeva - Merdar highway, ☏ . Check-in: 24h, check-out: 24h. $$.
- 3 Hotel Era Park, Merdare, Podujeva, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 08:00, check-out: 12:00. $$.
Wireless Internet is widely available in cafés and restaurants throughout the city, although it's a good idea to ask if one is available before you sit down. Free public WiFi is also available around the city through PTK (username: ptk, password: telekomi).
Several private phone calling shops with long-distance calling are available. You may also use the state telco company PTK main Podujeva branch downtown or several of its kiosks around the town to buy calling credit and use phone cabins.
Mobile telephony providers Vala and Ipko provide 3G and 4G internet telephony.