Podunajsko is a tourist region in the vicinity of Danube river, in southern part of Western Slovakia.
- 1Dunajská Streda.
- 2Gabčíkovo. Important dam and locks on the Danube, poossibility of river cruising.
- 3Komárno. Main center of the Hungarian culture in Slovakia.
- 4Štúrovo. Bridge over the Danube in front of Esztergom Basilica in Hungary. Aquapark and a popular spa
- 5Veľký Meder.
In many areas of the region, the Hungarian-speaking citizens are actually a major part of the population. Thus big influence of the Hungarian culture can be felt here. In fact many of the cities on the border are split into Slovak and Hungarian parts, like Komárno - Komárom and Štúrovo - Esztergom.
- 1 Dunajské luhy protected landscape area. A floodplains area suitable for swimming, fishing, hiking and biking.
- 2 Star observatory in Hurbanovo.
- 3 Water mills on the Little Danube river. They are in Jelka, Jahodná, Kolárovo and others.
- 1 Burda mountains (Kováčovské kopce). The tiniest mountain range in Slovakia, both in size and height.
- 2 Cycle route along Danube river to Bratislava. A part of cycling path from Passau all the way to Black Sea.
- All-year-round thermal spas in Dunajská Streda, Veľký Meder, Štúrovo, Komárno and others.