Port Coquitlam is a suburb of Vancouver. There aren't any must-see attractions for the traveller, but there are a number of nice parks for walking or relaxing.
Port Coquitlam borders Coquitlam and Pitt Meadows. It is easily accessible from the Mary Hill Bypass (Highway 7B) and Lougheed Highway.
See Vancouver for options to get in the Vancouver area by plane, by bus, and by train, and by boat.
By public transit
TransLink, ☏ +1-604-953-3333. The main public transit network in the Vancouver area, including: Bowen Island, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, West Vancouver, and White Rock. Its network includes buses, SkyTrain (rail rapid transit), SeaBus (ferries), West Coast Express (commuter rail), and HandyDART (door-to-door shared-ride service for those who cannot ride public transit without assistance). Passengers can pay for fares using Compass Cards ($6 refundable deposit), Compass Tickets, or tap-to-pay using contactless credit cards (only American Express, Mastercard or Visa) or mobile wallets. Passengers using Compass Cards and Compass Tickets pay discounted fares. Passengers can transfer for up to 90 minutes, except if taking West Coast Express, in which case they can transfer for up to 120 minutes. On bus and HandyDART, passengers can also pay in cash, but in that case will not receive change and are not eligible for transfers. Zone based fares apply between Monday and Friday for trips starting before 6:30 pm, if travel involves SkyTrain or SeaBus. Outside of those hours or for travel on only bus or HandyDART, a single zone rate applies. If traveling by West Coast Express, a higher cost zone based fare system applies regardless of time of travel. Children 12 and under can ride for free. People aged 13 to 18, and 65 and older pay discounted concession fares.
- In Port Coquitlam, passengers can take buses and the West Coast Express weekday commuter train. Most Port Coquitlam bus routes connect with the SkyTrain's Millennium Line at Coquitlam Central station. Bus routes in Port Coquitlam provide direct access to Burnaby, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Pitt Meadows, Port Moody, and Maple Ridge.
By ride hailing
- 1 Traboulay PoCo Trail. A 25 km (16 mi) walking and cycling trail that circles Port Coquitlam. It is mostly flat and has varied scenery: along the river, downtown and residential areas. A guide is available from the city's website.
- Most shopping options are along Lougheed Highway.
- Coquitlam has numerous other options.
- 1 Pallas Athena, 101-1250 Dominion Ave, ☏ +1 604-941-4871. Open evenings. Traditional Greek cuisine with some pizza and Italian dishes. The lamb and calamari are local favourites. $15-25 per main.
- 2 Wah Wing, 2748 Lougheed Highway #207, ☏ +1 604-945-3333. Open for lunch and dinner. Popular restaurant that serves a varied menu of traditional Chinese dishes. Lunch: $8-10, Dinner: $10-20 per main.
- 1 Gillnetter Pub, 1864 Argue St, ☏ +1 604-941-5599. Pub with a patio that looks over the Pitt River or you can catch the game on one of the TVs. Crowd is more of a mellow middle aged group. The food is average but the daily specials are good value. Mains $9-19.
- 1 Poco Inn & Suites, 1545 Lougheed Highway, ☏ +1 604-941-6216, toll-free: +1-800-930-2235. 99 guestrooms, including 23 suites and a few rooms with special themes like Romeo & Juliet, Deserted Island and Back to the 50s. Rooms come standard with fridge, microwave and complimentary high-speed internet. $160 and up in high season.
The nearest hospitals are in New Westminster and Port Moody.
The other cities in the "Tri-Cities" area -- Coquitlam and Port Moody -- are all very accessible. To the west, after heading into Coquitlam, take Highway 1 to North Shore with many outdoor recreation options. To the east, along Highway 1 (via Coquitlam) or Highway 7, is the Fraser Valley, which also offers more outdoor pursuits and some local wineries.
|Routes through Port Coquitlam|
|Vancouver ← Coquitlam ←||W E||→ Pitt Meadows → Hope|
|Vancouver ← Coquitlam ←||W E||→ Pitt Meadows → Mission|