Port Hughes is the location of the Dunes Port Hughes, a golf course designed by Greg Norman.
- Copper Coast Visitor Information Centre, Kadina (The Farm Shed Museum & Tourism Centre), 50 Moonta Road, Kadina, toll-free: 1800 654 991, fax: , email@example.com. M-F 9AM - 5PM; Sa Su 10AM - 4PM.
- Moonta Tourist Office, Old Railway Station, Moonta, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 9AM - 5PM.
Port Hughes is a small diversion when driving north from Adelaide towards Port Augusta on the A1. If you are travelling for the journey, and not for speed then Port Hughes offers a much more pleasant side trip.
- Port Hughes is a popular fishing destination, with many fishing charter tour operators using it as a base.
- Port Hughes Jetty is a popular site for scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Port Hughes Tavern, Minnie Terrace, Port Hughes, ☏ . 7 days, including public holidays 10AM to midnight. The Port Hughes Tavern is open for lunch and dinner, seven days a week. The Tavern offers an extensive a' La Carte Menu, and daily lunch specials.
- Emaroo Port Hughes, 8 Randolph Street (from Moonta follow the signs to Port Hughes then to the boat ramp and turn left on Charles St; the first right is Randolph with Emaroo Port Hughes on the left), ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. 4½-star deluxe holiday accommodation for travellers. from $200.
Cellular (mobile) telephone network reception may not be available in many areas especially those distant from cellular network repeater towers normally located along the major highways and near larger townships. Hilly terrain will also effect reception. In an emergency seek higher ground. Some networks provide a poor coverage in regional and rural areas. It is generally considered that the best reception is available from either Telstra or Optus when in areas such as Yorke Peninsula.
For emergency services including police, fire services and ambulance call 000 from any telephone and ask the operator to connect you. Such calls are placed without charge to the calling party.
Moonta Bay, Moonta, East Moonta, North Moonta, Yelta