Port de Pollenca is a small town located on the coast near Pollenca and is the most northerly town on the island.
The town is served by a regular bus service operated by TiB (Transport Islas Baleares) There are numerous bus routes that depart from the bus terminus on Carrer Roger de Flor behind the church. Timetables can vary, so it's a good idea to check the timetable of your desired route before travelling.
Cabs are easy to obtain. One well-used local company is Radio Taxi Pollença who operate 24/7 all year round. They have 7-seater cabs available and have adapted cabs suitable for wheelchair users.
There is a busy and well-used cab rank on Passeig Saralegui on the sea front if you do not wish to phone for a cab. Average taxi fares are shown on a board at the cab rank, although these can vary slightly. If you are staying at a hotel the reception will usually know the fares for journeys to and from there.
Taxi companies will usually not carry more than 4 passengers for safety reasons. If you have a large party you may need to book two cabs.
Airport transfers are available for around €80, but this can vary depending on the time of day.
- Nofrills Excursions, Paseo Saralegui, 112, ☏ . Nofrills Excursions has been in business for over 8 years. They offer sightseeing excursions, boat trips, water park trips and other tours. They operate on the north area and they also have a shuttle service.
The long beach at Port de Pollenca is one of the main attractions, the other tourist hubs are the village square by the main church and the Pine Walk.
The Pine Walk is a seafront path named for the large number of pine trees that line the route. It follows the edge of the town from the military airport in the east down into the town centre. It affords panoramic views across the bay and is especially beautiful at sunset - don't forget your camera!
It is paved with cobblestones so good walking shoes are recommended.
Along the route are numerous beaches that vary in size. Because the sea is not tidal here there is little variation in the sea level and amount of sand making them a good place to visit at any time of day. The beaches gradually increase in size as you get closer to the town and there are sunloungers and umbrellas that can be hired.
There are numerous small shops along the route selling everything from food, toys, clothes, beach accessories, souvenirs, and more.
Eating places to suit all budgets are available along the route, with the frequency increasing as you get further into the town.
- Walk on the sea wall (heading north from the harbour)
- Bike on the sea wall (heading south from the harbour)
There is a very good market every Wednesday in the main square and stretching out into the side streets. During the summer this includes souvenirs etc. and in the winter is predominantly fresh food and textiles, clothing etc.
- Los Faroles, Passeig Saralegui 46 (on sea wall in front of the harbour), ☏ . Very good fresh fish. Maybe not as fancy as other addresses but excellent food. Attracts the local people, which is a good reference. Two-courses meal with wine €30.
- [dead link] Little Italy, Passeig Vora Mar, 57, 07470 Port de Pollença, Illes Balears, Spain (Along the Pine Walk), ☏ . 12:00-22:00. A small but popular Italian restaurant. Little Italy
When it comes to choosing accommodation in Puerto Pollensa you are literally spoilt for choice. Depending on your budget there are hotels and apartments to suit everyone.
- Illa D'or Hotel. This is at the luxury end of the scale. Nestled at the end of the Pine Walk, great views over the bay.
- Miramar Hotel. This is another high quality hotel with views overlooking the bay.
As well as hotels, this area of Mallorca has the largest number of apartments and villas available to rent. Villas with pools tend to be sited in the countryside and hills between the Port and Pollenca town. For those who wish to be close to the sea, there are many apartment blocks with communal pools and a small number of select villas and apartments directly on the renown Pine Walk mainly without pools but unnecessary as the sea is on your doorstep!