Pottstown is a borough of 23,000 people (2019) in Montgomery County (Pennsylvania).
This article also covers the nearby communities of Gilbertsville, Limerick, Sassamansville, Royersford and Linfield.
Pottstown was laid out in 1752–53 and named Pottsgrove in honor of its founder, John Potts. The old name was abandoned at the time of the incorporation as a borough in 1815. In 1888, the limits of the borough were considerably extended. Pottstown is the center of a productive farming and dairying region.
The U.S. Route 422 freeway passes to the south of Pottstown and heads east to King of Prussia and Philadelphia and west to Reading. Pennsylvania Route 100 runs north-south through the Pottstown area, heading south to West Chester and north to Allentown. Pennsylvania Route 663 begins at PA 100 in Pottstown and follows King Street east and Charlotte Street northeast before leaving the borough and continuing to Pennsburg and Quakertown. Pennsylvania Route 724 runs along the south bank of the Schuylkill River in Chester County.
SEPTA's Route 93 bus connects Pottstown with the Norristown Transportation Center in Norristown.
Pottstown is serviced by Pottstown Municipal Airport, a general aviation airport, and a short distance from Pottstown is Heritage Field Airport located in Limerick.
The main east-west street in Pottstown is High Street, which continues east of the borough as Ridge Pike. The main north-south street in the borough is Hanover Street.
Pottstown Area Rapid Transit (PART) operates five routes Monday through Saturday out of the Charles W. Dickinson Transportation Center in downtown Pottstown along with a paratransit service for disabled people.
- Pottsgrove Manor, 100 West King Street, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM; Su 1PM-4PM. This manor was built in 1752 and housed the founder of Pottstown.
- Clydesdale Ridge, 1494 N. Charlotte Street, ☏ . The only Clydesdale equestrian farm on the East Coast. Its award-winning, six-horse hitch ranks third in the world and first in five states. Festivals/event services. Farm visits by appointment.
- The Sunnybrook Ballroom, 50 Sunnybrook R, ☏ . A national historic landmark from the Big Band Era. 20,000 sq ft of convention space. Seating for 2,000.
- Pottsgrove Manor, 100 W. King St, ☏ . Historic 1752 home of John Potts, colonial ironmaster and founder of Pottstown. Pottsgrove Manor offers a unique look at the lifestyle and times of John Potts, his family, servants and slaves.
- Schuylkill River Greenway Association, 140 College Dr, ☏ . Trace the Schuylkill River from Pottsville to Philadelphia. Its 128 miles flow past pastoral countryside and the industrial past, into today's rich recreational, economic and historical resources.
- Raven's Claw Golf Club, 120 Masters Drive, ☏ . Rated #8 by Golf Digest Magazine; features new clubhouse, well-stocked pro-shop, Sheerin's Pub Restaurant, locker rentals. A country club experience at affordable prices; ideal for corporate golf outings and social events.
- [dead link] Pottstown Symphony Orchestra, ☏ . Since 1964, the Pottstown Symphony has sustained a fully professional symphonic orchestra performing classical, holiday and pop concerts throughout the region. Call for locations.
- The Colebrookdale Railroad is a heritage railway running from Pottstown to Boyertown.
- Bella Vista Golf Course, 2901 Fagleysville Road, Gilbertsville, ☏ . 18-hole championship golf course open to the public. Well-manicured, 4 sets of tees, unique island green par 3. Group outings and leagues available.
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets, 18 West Lightcap Road, Limerick, ☏ . 150 outlet stores featuring designers and name brands, offering savings of 25% to 65%. Group discounts available.
- Bauman's Family PA Dutch Fruit Butters and Cider, 116 Hoffmansville Road, Sassamansville, ☏ . Offering over 18 varieties of additive-free fresh fruit, butters, cider, and condiments since 1892. Factory tours available.
- Zern's Farmers Market, 1100 East Philadelphia Ave, Gilbertsville. One of the oldest and largest flea markets, enjoy shopping and some Pennsylvania Dutch treats!
- Sheerin's Pub & Restaurant, 120 Masters Drive, ☏ . "Build Your Own" sandwiches, burgers, ribs or steaks served by their friendly staff. Enjoy lunch or dinner.
- LaMassaria at Bella Vista Golf Course, 2901 Fagleysville Road, Gilbertsville, ☏ . Breath taking banquet facility created from an 1802 farmstead barn. Two levels complete with separate entrances, patios and decks, and views. Seats up to 120 to 250 people respectively.
- The Copperfield Inn at Lakeside, 594 W. Ridge Pk, Limerick, ☏ . An outstanding restaurant and banquet/corporate event facility.
- Texas Roadhouse Restaurant, 70 Buckwalter Road, Royersford, ☏ . A comfortable, down-home place for delicious food and friendly folks. Serving hand-cut steaks, fall-off-the-bone ribs, hot freshly baked bread, ice cold beer, and legendary margaritas.
- Comfort Inn Pottstown, 99 Robinson St, ☏ . Voted "Pottstown's Favorite Hotel." Heated outdoor pool. Free Continental breakfast, Wi-Fi. Walk to nine restaurants. Philadelphia Premium Outlets, KOP Mall, Vanity Fair Outlets nearby.
- Quality Inn Pottstown, 61 West King Street, ☏ . The Quality Inn Pottstown is the only full service hotel in town. This location is very convenient and offers coporate meeting and banquet facilities for 350 people.
- Motel 6 Pottstown, 78 Robinson Street, ☏ . A 47-room hotel with comfortable lodging with friendly service - all at an ecomonical price!
- Best Western Pottstown Inn, 1600 Industrial Highway, ☏ . It offers 122 nicely-appointed rooms complete with flat screen televisions, free high-speed wireless Internet, microwaves and refrigerators.
- Shearer Elegance Bed & Breakfast, 1154 Main Street, Linfield, ☏ . Beautiful Victorian mansion with spectacular landscaping. Seven rooms, including three suites, feature private baths and amenities. Meetings, parties, weddings, luncheons. Great business rates. Two miles from Philadelphia Premium Outlets. AAA approved. Call for reservations.