Forests , rivers , waterfalls: Presidente Figueiredo has a natural vocation for tourism. Tracks for walks in the jungle, visits to caves, boat tours on the lake of Balbina and other options ofeco- and adventure tourism. The county of Presidente Figueiredo was founded in 1981 and receives this name in honor the first President from the Province of the Amazonas , João Baptista de Figueiredo Tenreiro Aranha (1798-1861). The climate is hot and humid with temperature average among 25º C e 35º C.
Most people arrive from Manaus on 2-hourly buses. R$ 17, 2 hours.
Eucatur has three daily buses to Boa Vista
Some of the walks are on private property and are charged entry fees between 5 and 10 reais. Many of the falls can be visited without a guide. Just get a cab at the bus station and agree with the driver what time to pick you up again for the ride back.
- Shelter of the Maroaga, right bank of highway AM-240 (access the Balbina km 6, then 600 m in dirt track.).
- Iracema, left bank of highway BR-174, km 115 (Inside of the area of the Waterfall of Iracema).
- Araras, 1500 m after the Waterfall of Iracema (bordering Rio Urubuí. Inside of the area of the Waterfall of Iracema.).
- Lages, left side of BR 174, Km 113. there are 4 waterfalls 1.500 m walking into the forest.
- Pedra Lascada, left side of BR 174, Km 113 (1.700 m walking inside the forest).
- Iracema, left side ofBR 174, Km 115.
- Araras, 1500 m after the cachoeira de Iracema.
- Suframa, right side of BR-174, Km 96.
- Santuário, right side of AM-240, starting at Balbina km 12.
Dozens of pousadas, most within walking distance of the bus station. Bargain for weekday discounts.