Jump to navigation Jump to search
Preveza is a town in Epirus with a population of 30,000.
- Undersea tunnel Crossing the tunnel is not allowed for bicycles or on foot. Officially bicycles will be transported through the tunnel by a regular bus. The bus stop on the south side is about 50 m before the toll station. The Timetable as of 2019:
|From Preveza to Aktio||Workdays||6:45||7:15||9:10||10:00||12:20||12:30||14:30||15:00||17:15||20:15|
|From Preveza to Aktio||Workdays||8:00||8:45||9:25||11:30||13:45||16:00||18:15||19:30|
- 1 Actium.
- 2 Ancient Nicopolis area.
- 3 Odysseas Androutsos' statue.
- 4 Venetian clock tower. A clock tower erected in 1792, during the Venetian rule of Preveza
- 5 Margarona traditional boatyard.
- 6 Nikopolis Roman Aqueduct. A wonderful work of ancient technology, the superstructure that supplied Nikopolis with a population of 150,000 with water from a distance of 50 km (31 mi).
- 7 Zalongo monument. Sculptures standing on top of the rock of Zalongo in honor of the women of Souli (a mountainous region) that holding their children danced to their death falling off the cliff, since they refused to surrender to the men of Ali Pasha, the Ottoman ruler of Epirus.
- 8 Acheron river Canyon.
- 9 Aktio-Preveza undersea tunnel.
- 10 Church of Patron St. Charalambos.
- 11 Church of St. Athanasios.
- 12 Church of Pantokrator.
- 13 Castle of Pantokrator.
- 1 Urania Hotel, 33, Irinis Av., ☏ , , . 1-star hotel built in 1988 and renovated in 2004
- 2 Preveza City Hotel, 61, Irinis Av, ☏ .
- 3 Avra Hotel, Eleftheriou Venizelou 19, ☏ .
- 4 Minos Hotel, 11, "21 October" Str, ☏ , , fax: . 2-star hotel
- 5 Kalamitsi Camping, ☏ , , fax: . Operating period: 15Apr - 30Sep
- 6 Dioni Hotel, Papageorgiou Th. Square & I. Kalou Street, ☏ . 2-star hotel
- 7 Margarona Royal Hotel, 4, Zalogou st. Ag. Paraskevi, ☏ .