Pskov is the largest city and administrative capital of Pskov Oblast.
- 1 Pskov Airport (Аэропорт Псков PKV IATA). Have flights from Moscow Domodedovo airport three days a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
From Saint Petersburg
There are daily long-distance trains departing from Saint Petersburg's Vitebskii Station to Pskov. Also there is a commuter train (elektrichka) departing from Baltiskii Station six days a week (no schedule on Tuesdays). The train departs at 7:25AM and arrives to Pskov at 11:30AM, this train usually has a lot of passengers so if you want to have a seat by the window (or any seat at all, for that matter) make sure to arrive beforehand. As of August 2012 the ticket costs 464 руб.
A daily night train leaves Moscow each evening at 4:55PM from the Leningradsky station and arrives to Pskov the next day at 7:30AM.
There are two daily commuter trains and also the commuter train and both long-distance trains from Saint Petersburg make a stop in Luga
A long-distance train departs from Minsk two times a week, on Monday and Thursday.
- 2 Pskov railway station (Псков-Пассажирский).
- 1 Bus station, 21 Vokzalnaya st. Direct connections available with Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Velikiy Novgorod, Smolensk, Kursk, Minsk, Vitebsk, Novopolotsk, Pinks, Tallin, Kiev, Odessa.
There are several daily bus routes from Saint Petersburg. The travel times given below are according to schedule, and of course they are subject to change due to road work and weather conditions.
- From bus station №2 you can ride on one of the several long-distance buses which make a stop in Pskov. The cost of the ticket is 420 руб as of August 2012. The travel time is around 5 hours and 20 minutes. This bus station is at Naberezhnaya Obvodnogo Kanala 36, close to Obvodny Kanal metro station.
- There is a dedicated bus service between Saint Petersburg and Pskov run by a local company. Tickets must be booked in advance by phone call or through the web-site and the price is 500 руб as of August 2012. The buses depart from Park Inn Pulkovskaya hotel, close to Moskovskaya metro station. The travel time is 4 hours.
- Ecolines operates two routes to Pskov. The buses depart from Vitebskii train station, close to Pushkinskaya metro station, Ecolines office is located there as well. The travel time is around 5 hours.
There are 2 buses per day to Novgorod, 4hrs ride, costs 470 руб.
Many churches and fortresses in Pskov have been listed in the UNESCO World Heritage List as the Churches of the Pskov School of Architecture.
- 1 Pskov Krom (Pskov Kremlin). A citadel dating back to the Middle Ages. The site includes the so-called Dovmont's city, impressive remains of the 13th century Pskov excavated and turned into a sort of an open-air museum.
- 2 Pskov Museum, ul. Nekrasov. 7. Hosted in Pogankin's Palace, built in the late 17th centenary and was one of the largest stone buildings in the area. The museum hosts a large collection of silver, art and religious icons.
- 3 Trinity Cathedral (Троицкий собор) (Inside the Kremlin). Founded in 1138 and rebuilt in the 1690s.
- 4 Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Saviour (Спасо-Преображенский собор Мирожского монастыря). A former cathedral and monastery now functioning as a museum. The 12th century Byzantine-style frescos depicting biblical scenes are among the few who survived the Mongol expansion into Eastern Europe. Adminnsion 200 руб.
- 5 Pskov-Caves Monastery (Pskovo-Pechersky Monastery), ☏ . The oldest functioning monastery in Russia.
- 1 Sergievskaya Dining, Oktyabr'skiy Prospekt, 19, ☏ . daily 07ː30-23ː00. Here you can enjoy a bowl of solyanka (a spicy/sour soup with meat or fish or mushrooms and brine) or some syrniki (cheese pancakes) along with some kompot to wash it down. It's an economical place to eat.
- 1 Petrovsky (Петровский), Ulitsa Gogolya, д.33. Hostel with basic amenities. $18.
- 2 Hostel60, Ol'ginskaya Naberezhnaya, building 9a, Pom. 5, ☏ . Clean hostel with a very light breakfast. $22.
- 3 Guest House na Velikoy, Krasnoarmeyskaya Ulitsa, 2, ☏ . This one has exceptional presence on the Valikaya River, allowing you to view the skyline of Pskov on the other side. $11.
- 4 Kolos Hotel, Ulitsa Krasnykh Partizan, 6, ☏ . It is kind of like everything you would imagine in a basic hotel, including a basic breakfast. $31.
- 5 Zolotaya Naberezhnaya, Sovetskaya Naberezhnaya, 2. A cheery 19th century riverside building houses this hotel giving it some allure, and stay comes with breakfast. $36.
- 6 Dvor Podznoyeva, Glavnyy Korpus, Ulitsa Nekrasova, 3 В, ☏ . Probably about the only hotel with an indoor pool in Pskov, this upscale hotel has easy access to the art museum and has a restaurant with wine service and breakfast available for a surcharge. $46.
- Estonia (Pskov office of the General Consulate of Estonia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☏ , fax: , ✉ Consulate.Pskov@mfa.ee.
- Latvia, Narodnaya street, 25, ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Mon-Fri, 9-30AM - 4PM.
- Netherlands (Representation at the Consulate of Estonia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☏ , fax: , ✉ Consulate.Pskov@mfa.ee.
- France and Slovenia (French and Slovenian visa service provided by the Consulate of Latvia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon-Fri, 9-30AM - 4PM.
- Mikhaylovskoye Museum Reserve — a village once owned by the poet Alexander Pushkin, together with the preserved neighbouring estates, is now turned into a huge museum complex.