Puerto Banús is a marina located in the area of Nueva Andalucía, to the southwest of Marbella, Spain on the Costa del Sol. This resort town was developed in 1970 as a luxury marina and shopping complex for the rich and famous. Developed around a coastal village in the Mediterranean architectural style, Puerto Banús offers its visitors an extraordinary fare of expensive shopping malls, restaurants and bars with a marina studded with luxury yachts of the rich and famous with the interior streets having impressive archways and patios.
Puerto Banús is located on the Costa del Sol of southeast Spain, 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) southwest of Marbella, 64 kilometres (40 mi) southwest of Malaga. The Malaga Airport is 60 kilometres (37 mi) away. There is a good network of roads and transport services connecting Puerto Banús with adjacent towns and suburbs. A taxi from Malaga Airport to the marina is approx 65-75 euros and approx 12 euros from Marbella centre.
Taxis are available from Malaga Airport to Puerto Banús prebooking online. Two companies specialised in private transfers (private taxi) are Autosol Private Transfer and Holiday-Transfer.co.uk. A transfer from Malaga Airport to Puerto Banús will quote 76.00 € with Autosol Private Transfer. Holiday-Transfer.co.uk will quote only 66.00 €. These are your best options if you are looking for a reliable and at the same time economical taxi company. With your prebooked transfer you will not wait in long airport queues for your taxi or minibus transfer.
- 1 Marina. At any time of day luxury cars such as Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin and even an E-Type Jaguar can be seen on the marina front.
Puerto Banus Street Market (Every Saturday 9am-3pm) The Puerto Banus Street market or Puerto Banus Saturday market is situated near the bull ring in Nueva Andalucia and it is held every Saturday from around 9am to 3pm. The street market runs from Avda. De Jose Banus (by Playas del Duque) all the way up to the shopping centre Centro Plaza. It is one of the largest markets on the Costa del Sol. You can find every type of goods for sale. The most popular are Shoes, Bags, Crafts, Furniture, Flowers, Fruit & Veg, Paintings, Clothes and Antiques, and there are good bargains to be made. It's a great place to visit, even just to walk around and look at people making bargains (you might learn a trick or two) and soak up the exciting atmosphere. In the summer it gets very hot and very busy so beware of your bags, money etc. Make sure you've got plenty of sun protection on too!
Ferry Fly Blue - Puerto Banus to Marbella
Departs opposite 'Sinatra's' bar.
The Fly Blue Uno motor catamaran offers daily cruises between Puerto Banus and Marbella Marina, with a duration of some 30 minutes each way.
Leaving from Puerto Banus, which elevates the mode, fortune, glamorous parties and high standards, you will enjoy the panoramic views along the coastline of Marbella and its Golden Mile where the most luxurious villas are found lying at the foot of La Concha mountain.
A return boat cruise ticket will cost you 15 euros and 8.50 euros one way which is cheaper than a taxi and a return boat cruise ticket for children is 8.50 euros and only 5 euros one way.
Its streets are lined with expensive luxury boutiques like Christian Dior, Gucci, Bvlgari, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Hacket, Valentino and a '007' Boutique offering Guess handbags and swimwear.
- 1 El Corte Inglés, Ramon Areces (Puerto Banús), ☎ .
- 2 Marina Banús, C/ Ramon Areces (opposite El Corte Inglés, Puerto Banús).
- New Yorker, Ramon Areces, s/n Centro Comercial Marina Banús.
- Versace (Puerto Banús), ☎ .
- Casta & Puro, Avda. de la Ribera Complejo (Puerto Banús), ☎ .
- News Cafe (Located on the marina front.). Bar & Cafe in the day serving excellent English breakfasts. Club at night with a glam balcony over looking the marina.
- Hard Rock Cafe Marbella (Located opposite the department store, El Corte Ingles, 5 minute walk to the marina.). Menu is reasonable priced, and there is an outdoor terrace.
- Red Pepper, ☎ . Open daily for lunch and dinner.. A busy and popular Greek restaurant on the marina front, an ideal position to people watch while you dine.
- Don Leone. Watch the world go by at this stylish and modern eatery on the marina front. Serving first rate Italian and international cuisine. The food is excellent and there is something for everyone here- pizzas, pastas, salads etc and the prices are extremely good value. With a prime position opposite the quayside, perfect for al fresco dining and a wide and varied menu.
- [dead link] Chateau Mona lisa. Located on the marina front, French & Italian Nouvelle cuisine. Extensive cocktail menu.
- Al Dente & Champagne Bar, ☎ . Urb. Jardines del Puerto, Puerto Banús; - Italian restaurant
- Trader Vic's, ☎ . Urbanización La Alcazaba, Puerto Banús; - international
- [dead link] Pravda, Ed. Levante Loc. 4-5, 29660, Puerto Banús (front row of the Port, opposite Jimmy Choo and Dolce & Gabbana), ☎ . 8PM-midnight. During the summer months the marina facing terrace for dining is open. €50.
- 2 [dead link] Il Ristorante, Avda. Miguel de Cervantes, 64, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. from 7PM until late. Opened in October 2007 in the heart of Neuva Andalucia "Il Ristorante" turned instantly into one of Marbella success stories. Chef Renée Conrad, before opening "Il Ristorante", his first owned restaurand has been awarded a Michelin Star in 2005 being chef at Berlins "Facil" restaurant and 2006 being chef at the famous restaurant "Vivo" at Berlins well known Grand Hotel Esplanade. Conrads cooking style is straight and Mediterranean kitchen, which accentuates the taste of the high quality products abstaining from needless razzle-dazzle. For Il Ristorante he designed a well balanced Italian and international menu card, which is accompanied by an elaborated list of wines. From €18.
Taco Loco Excellent funky bar on the marina front. Happy Hour in the day, great for cocktails. Taco Loco has such a good atmosphere, the staff are friendly and you can quite easily spend all night here people watching on the marina front. The mojitos are recommended!
Astral Cocktail Bar On beach side, opposite the large statue at the eastern entrance to the port. Surrounded by all types of plants and flowers Astral Cocktail Bar is constructed in the manner of an old sailboat of the 19th century including an 8 meter mast with sails. Constructed almost completely in wood and forged iron, the furniture is unique and original. This is not just a bar but a kitchen for cocktails. Try the cherry,chocolate & vodka cocktail.
http://www.astralmarbella.es/astral.aspx [dead link]
- Olivia Valere, Ctra. de Istan (Puerto Banús), ☎ . Upscale restaurant, bar and disco.
Benabola Hotel & Apartments http://www.benabola.com/?p=roomrates&l=en
Located on the marina front, the best location to stay in Puerto Banus.
Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus http://www.tgsguadalpinbanus.com/en/ [dead link]
Beachfront resort, located a 15 minute walk to the marina. Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banús has 181 exclusive rooms decorated with noble materials & luxury finishings, offering splendid views of the Mediterranean Sea in an atmosphere of privacy and rest.
H10 Andalucía Plaza http://www.hotelh10andaluciaplaza.com/en/index.html
The H10 Andalucía Plaza is located in Puerto Banús, very close to several top-level golf courses. This exclusive Andalusian-style hotel has been revamped with an avant-garde and modern design. It has spacious and luminous rooms, a buffet restaurant with à la carte service, a Convention Centre with a capacity for up to 600 people and the Despacio Spa Centre with a select list of treatments.
- Barcelo Marbella, C/ de Granadillas, s/n. Urb. Guadalmina Alta. (Puerto Banús). The hotel is in a magnificent natural setting with wide range of functional facilities, large rooms and gastronomy and sports and leisure facilities.