Qaqortoq is in southern Greenland.
Qaqortoq is the largest city in southern Greenland, with a population of more than 3,000. Nearly half of those along the southern coastline of Greenland live here.
Although the temperature can get into the seventies (Fahrenheit) in summer, Qaqortoq generally has cool summers and cold winters.
There is a ferry stop in Qaqortoq, which is served by regular boat from Narsarsuaq.
The heliport is on the southeast of the town, and there are regular flights from Narsarsuaq and Narsaq.
Qaqortoq's roads are narrow and twisty. Many of them are paved, however, unlike many towns in the Arctic north.
- 1 Tamat Fine Clothings, 205, Vatikanbakken, ☏ .
- 2 Brugseni, Anders Olsensvej, ☏ . Main grocery store in town.
- 3 Pisiffik Elia, Sanatorievej. Grocery store.
- 1 In Box (A Little Thai Corner), Torvet (Near ferry stop), ☏ .
- 2 Café Nanoq, Anders Olsensvej B-1254, ☏ . Café / Restaurant / Bar
- 3 Café Heidi-mut, Aaninngivit, ☏ . Restaurant / Bar / Café
- 1 Jaaraatooq Shop, Jaaraatooq, ☏ . Coffee shop
- 2 Rockhouse, Augo Lyngesvej B-278. Biggest pub in town
- 3 Hinnarissuasik, Augo Lyngesvej 278. Bar/Pub with pool table and darts