Qax is a admistrative center of Qax Rayon of Azerbaijan. It located at the foot of the southern slope of the Greater Caucasus, on the river Kurhumchai.
- 1 Qax Rayon Avtovağzalı (Qax Rayon Central Bus Terminal), Heydar Aliyev Ave.. Central bus terminal of Qax services buses from / to populated places of Qax Rayon, towns of Region of country, Baku, Barda, Ganja, and. also to boardering Georgia: Tbilisi and Telavi.
Qax is a tiny town and can easily be explored on foot.
- 1 İçəri bazar (Icheri Bazar, or Inner Market). Old quarter, founded at the beginning of the 18th century. At the beginning of the XIX century Russian troops restored the surrounding walls. Quarter consists of a dozen of tiled houses and fortress walls.
- 2 Complex of Historical Museum and Caucasian Orthodox Church, Uzeyir Hajibeyov str., 1. The exposition of Gakh History Museum introduces its visitors to the diverse nature of the region and its historical past, from ancient times to the 20th century. The museum has interesting archaeological, ethnographic, culturological and other collections. Here you can see bronze and ceramic items, tools, weapons, samples of national costumes, etc. Grave yard of the church still exist.
- 3 Müqəddəs Georgi Kilsəsi (Church of St. George). Georgian Orthodox Church
Enjoy spectacular views from Ulubash Mountain.
- Sozvezdie Miqidana Kafe. Georgian cuisine. (on the road to Ilisu) tel: prices 3-9 AZN
- Sangar Qala Restaurant, Ilisu village. Best traditional cuisine served in a restaurant built French chateau style.