(Redirected from Qualicum Beach)
Parksville and Qualicum Beach are small neighbouring cities in Central Vancouver Island in British Columbia. It's a popular vacation area in summer with a number of provincial parks, warm beaches, family fun parks and Qualicum Beach's cute downtown.
It is located just off of the Island Highway (Highway 19), about 30 minutes north of Nanaimo.
- Parksville Beach Festival, on the beach. 3 weeks in August. Annual sand sculpture contest and festivities.
- Arbutus Grove Motel, 1182 East Island Highway, Parksville, ☎ , toll-free: . Old-style roadside motel that has been recently renovated. All rooms come with microwaves and fridges, high speed internet and LCD TVs, and some rooms have full kitchens. Reviewers indicate the rooms are a bit small but the motel is excellent value for what you get. $85-105 (high season), $60-95 at other times.
- Beach Acres Resort, 25-1015 Resort Dr, Parksville, ☎ . Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 4PM. Beautiful ocean front resort located next to famous Rathtrevor park and a mile of warm sandy beach. Accommodations are 2 bedroom cottages or townhomes and duplex cottages 50 feet from the beach. All accommodations have full kitchens, fireplaces and ground level access. Plenty of parking and space for the children to room. 7 golf courses nearby. $112-375.
- The Beach Club Resort, 181 Beachside Dr, Parksville (close to Parksville Beach), ☎ .
- Sunrise Ridge, 1175 Resort Dr, Parksville, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 250-947-2507, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Spread out in a studio, spacious 1, 2, or 3 bedroom suite, or waterfront villa. Rooms $119-139, Suites $179-439 CAD.
- At Nautica Tigh Bed and Breakfast, 2519 West Island Highway, Qualicum Beach, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free Spirit Spheres, 420 Horne Lake Road, Qualicum Beach, ☎ 1-250-757-9445, e-mail: email@example.com. Suspended, completely spherical tree houses built out of fiber glass and wood. They're designed to vaguely look like huge nuts or seeds. They can be rented out overnight for the treehouse experience. From $160 - $255 depending on the sphere. Starts at $180 for two people.
- Old Country Market. A wooden market house in Coombs, slightly West of Qualicum Beach. Its known for the lawn on its roof, and the goats that move in (to the roof) each spring to keep it trimmed. The market has a variety of food (some locally made) and knick-knack kind of stuff.
|Routes through Parksville|
|Tofino ← Port Alberni ←||W E||→ END|
|Port Hardy ← Courtenay/Comox ←||N S||→ Nanaimo → END|