Quinter is right off I-70. It is hard to miss.
The best way to get around is by car. It's not a very big town - about 1,000 inhabitants - so it's hard to get lost, but if you do, ask local people to help you get around.
In addition to cows, cattle and all kinds of wheat, sights around town include the following.
- Castle Rock (20 minutes out of town). If you go and visit the small town of Quinter in Western Kansas, you do have to see Castle Rock. It takes about 20 minutes to get there from town. You have to take country roads which may get bumpy sometimes, so do not take a nice car on this trip. To get better directions where to go ask at the Convenience Xpress or Pizza Station they sure will be happy to help you!
- Quinter High School.
There are a lot of small shops on main street. You can buy groceries, food, souvenir shirts, electronical devices, flowers, etc.
- Quinter Dairy Queen Full Brazier Line, ☎ . Joni and Kurt Kerns owners
- Pizza Station (Right of I-70), ☎ .
- Convenience Xpress (I-70 Interchange and Exit), ☎ .
- Q-Inn. The only hotel in Quinter. It is also a restaurant.