Rättvik is 48 km from the airport in Mora. There are no transfer buses from the airport to Mora, so you will have to take a taxi (which is pricey) or get a car (AVIS has an office at the airport).
Bus is in general the cheapest way of reaching Mora from other cities, although the biggest intercity bus company Swebus Express .
Rättvik is home to the longest pier in Scandinavia - it's quite long! Lots of benches and places to fish or dangle your feet.
- 1 Rättvik Church. A lovely church which has stood in its current position since the 1200s, with some nice carvings inside and a well-tended garden.
There are lots of walks to do in the surrounding forests and the Tourist Information Centre can provide helpful maps. These are well signed and although the paths are boggy in places there is some planking over the worst bits.
- 1 Dalhalla. Is an open-air theatre in a decommissioned open-pit mine, with concerts throughout the summer.
A summer tobogganing run operates in the summer season. Toboggans can get up to speeds of 30 mph (48 km/h) on the twisty run.
Crazy golf is available next to the lake near the train station and also in some of the campsites around the outskirts of the town such as Rattvikparksen.
Canoe rental is advertised from some outlets but is not always available.
Rättvik is home to the long-established Classic Car Week, which takes place in late July each year. This draws crowds of serious car enthusiasts and affiliates, and events are organised around the theme all week.
- 1 Bella Pizza, Ågatan 11, ☏ . An Italian restaurant and pizza parlor. In 2008 the owner won the pizza world championship with his Pizza a la duck!
- 2 Bruntegården, Vålsvedsvägen 51, ☏ . An old farm turned into a restaurant and hotel. Offer delicious locally produced Nordic cuisine in a rustic and inviting setting. Located on a hill with a panoramic view of lake Rättvik and Siljan.
- 3 Big street bbq & bar, Storgatan 17, ☏ . Offer plenty of red meat and beer!
- 4 Solgårdskrogen, Nittsjö Börsgatu 11 (In Nittsjö 6 km (3.7 mi) NW of Rättvik), ☏ . After working for 8 years in a restaurant in Stockholm, Genevieve och Jonathan Bjurenstedt decided to move ought to the countryside and bought this farm. The ecological ingredients are produced on the farm or one of its neighbors.
- 5 Visit Sjövillan, Långbryggevägen 20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A restaurant on the shore of lake Siljan.
- 1 Augustas Bed & Breakfast, Skolgatan 10, ☏ . Offer rooms in charming, renovated old cottages around Rättvik.
- 2 Best Western Hotell Lerdalshöjden, Mickelsgatan, ☏ . Large hotel operated by a large hotel chain. Have their own restaurant, and free breakfast.
- 3 Hotell Rättvik, Riksvägen 32, ☏ . Hotel in central Rättvik close to the shore of lake Siljan. They have a 1950s themed diner on site.
- Falun — Famous for its copper mine
- Mora — The only city in the Siljansbygden region
- Tällberg — A holiday resort, known for its midsummer celebration