Rabka, aka Rabka-Zdrój, is the most famous Polish spa for children and a winter sport city Podhale in southern Poland, situated 70 km south of Kraków. The city is in the Beskids and this part of the mountain range is named Makowski Beskid. The Czorsztyn Lake with its two castles, boat rides, water sports, skiing, restaurants and museum is about 45 km south east of Rabka-Zdrój.
- The nearest major airport is Balice Airport (KRK) in Krakow. The drive to the airport from Rabka takes just over the hour by car.
- Train connect Rabka with many near towns as well as Krakow. However, the train is very slow and it is much faster to use a bus or taxi.
- Open-air Railway Museum at Chabówka which is 2 km outside Rabka. This features a superb collection of steam trains, some of which have appeared in old films.
- Władysław Orkan Museum - The museum offers a unique look into Rabka's past through artefacts, tools and equipment used in everyday life. Housed in a historical 17th-century larch-wood church, includes one of the largest collections of folk sculpture and paintings on glass.
- The world's only Order of the Smile Museum (dedicated to a unique order that children award to adults).
- Rabcio Puppet Theater has performances of traditional Polish puppetry for children.
- Gorce National Park - trails from the Central Park Zdrojowy (Health Park) lead up to Maciejowa hill and the national park. There are tourist shelters which offer overnight bunks and food for walkers en-route.
Ski, skate, snowboard, paraglide, horseback ride, quadbike ride, hike and climb. Rabka offers a sports stadium, tennis courts, amusement park, traffic town with bicycle rentals, skating rink, toboggan-run and circular woodland walk plus way-marked trails over the local hills. Rabka Zdrój is a spa town with health-enhancing waters to sample. Buy the bottled waters in the coffee shop in the park and walk around the spa water diffuser to inhale the waters as a fine mist. There are treatment centres for massage and body treatments. Rabka-Zdrój has a reputed micro-climate supposedly beneficial for asthmatics although coal is burned locally. tourist routes: to Mt. Grzebień (678 m), Mt. Maciejowa (837 m), Stare Wierchy, Krzywoń and Bania hills.
Mulled wine and beer, śliwowica łącka - (read: [shlee-voh-veetsa won-tskah]) strong (70% alcohol) plum brandy
Hostels, hotels, lodging houses, holiday homes, cottages and rooms for hire.