Raiguer is a comarca (county) in the north-central part of Mallorca. Raiguer is a transition zone from the mountains to the Es Plà plain in the middle of Mallorca. There is plenty of water here, but little flat, cultivable terrain. The region of the Raiguer and in particular the city of Inca are known as the centre of the shoe and leather craft in Mallorca.
- 1 Alcudia — the main tourist centre in the north of Majorca, a large resort popular with families, with a well-preserved old town surrounded by a medieval wall
- 2 Inca — known for its wine cellars, and leather tanning
- 3 Sa Pobla — the main producer of garden vegetables on the island of Mallorca
See here below information on cities and other places which are too small to warrant a dedicated article.
In Alcudia there are ferries to Barcelona, Mahon and Ciutadella (Menorca).
From Inca and Sa Pobla there is a train connection to Palma de Mallorca and Manacor.
- 1 Castillo de Alaro (Alero Castle built high in the mountain in the Muslim time) (Alaro is a few kilometers north of Consell; from Consell, take the road to Orient; at 1 km out of Alaro, you will see the sign to Castillo de Alaro). The way to the castle is an expedition, as you first have to drive three kilometers on a narrow mountain road, and then hike for about 30 minutes up to the castle. Go to the big parking lot at restaurant Es Verger. From the parking lot, a good trail bring you to the castle where you have an extraordinary view of Mallorca. You can also start the hike from below at highway Ma 2100 for more exercise and less nerve-racking driving. Do not go on Sunday, as it will be too crowded. Free access.
- Fundación Yannick y Ben Jakober, in Alcúdia. Modern art exhibition.
- Ermita de la Victòria, at Alcúdia. Fortified pilgrimage church with a statue of the Virgin Mary from the 15th century.
- Coves de Campanet. Relatively little visited stalactite show cave near Campanet with partly very thin stalagmites and stalactites.
- Avenc de Son Pou, between Santa Maria del Camí and Orient. Huge, 50-m-high cave dome with strange stalactites, a hole in the teck lets in some daylight.
- 1 Son Caitu (Between Inca and Llubí), ☏ . Olive Oil production and shop. They have tastings and guided tours.
- Menestralia (glass manufacture), Ctra. Palma-Alcudia, km 36, Campanet (north-east of Inca, on the main way Palma-Alcudia), ☏ , fax: . Big display of blown glass objects. Interesting as you will see the workshop and the craftsmen working. The factory building is also a beautiful sample of industrial archeology.
- Tuesday : Alcudia, Campanet
- Wednesday: Puerto Pollensa
- Thursday : Inca
- Friday : Binissalem
- Saturday : Alaro, Buger, Consell
- Sunday : Alcudia, Sa Pobla
- [dead link] Finca Es Rafael (2 km NW of Sa Pobla), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A secluded finca with three bedrooms, swimming pool, inside and outside kitchen and all comfort. You'll love the quiet garden. Good position too: 40 km east of Palma de Mallorca, 10 km south of Pollenca, 10 km east of Inca. €650-3500 per week, depending on season.
- Monnaber Nou, Predio Monnaber Nou, 07310 Campanet, ☏ , fax: , ✉ ILAMonnaber@ila-chateau.com. Luxury boutique spa hotel in the foothills of the Sierra de Tramuntana in Mallorca, 15 minutes from the beaches of Pollenca and Alcudia. €172-205.
- 1 Mister Green (Close to Plaça del Mercat), ☏ . Boutique hotel with 5 rooms.
- 1 Es Verger, Camí des Castell 143, Alaro (from Alaro (Highway Ma 2100) find the narrow Camí des Castell which is 4 km of narrow hairpin turns). Tu-Su. Open all year. Known for the best lamb on Mallorca. The lamp shoulder is their specialty. The steaks are also impressive. For lunch get there at 13:00-14:00 so you do not meet too many cars coming down while you are going up the narrow path. Or hike from the highway. €17 mains. €10 wines. Cash only..
- 2 Menestralia (at the glassware factory). Su-F 08:00-17:00, Sa 08:00-24:00. Buffet with Spanish dishes. €17 dinner, €11 lunch.
- 3 Celler Ca'n Cota (Majorcan cooking), Lluna 27, ☏ . Open Fr evening, Sa noon & evening, Su noon. This restaurant has a good reputation.
- 4 Mare Nostrum, Carrer Ric 35 (Three blocks south of Placa Major), ☏ . 19:30+. Rustic romantic environment. Many small courses and appetizers. Very attentive staff. €32 three course meal.