Ramea is a small island village in Southern Newfoundland, with a population of 618. In 2004, Ramea was chosen as a wind-diesel generation project.
The Ferry from Burgeo to Ramea is capable of carrying vehicles, and there are roads in Ramea for cars. The relatively small size (1.89 km2) of the town, however, means that any destination is within walking distance.
- Operational wind-diesel generation plant
- Northwest Head Lighthouse, one of the last remaining manned lighthouses in Canada
- Several hiking paths can be found, including one that takes hikers on a circuit around the island
- Eastern Outdoors. Provides guided tours of the island, including kayak tours
- Food and amenities can be purchased from general stores
- Food and drinks, including beer, can be bought at Eastern Outdoors
- Ramea Retreat (Eastern Outdoors), 2 Main St, ☎ . 10 bed hostel and 4 vacation homes. Dorms $39, private rooms $89, houses $195.