Ramsar is a city of 36,000 people (2016) on the Caspian coast of Iran. It is a popular sea resort for Iranian tourists. The town offers hot springs, the green forests of the Alborz Mountains, and the Ramsar Palace (vacation palace of the last Shah).
The Ramsar Convention is a 1971 international treaty for the conservation of wetlands. It was signed and named after here, and established the worldwide Ramsar sites, under protection as per the treaty.
- 1 Ramsar International Airport (RZR IATA). Iran Air from Isfahan and Tehran-Mehrabad; Iran Aseman Airlines from Mashhad and Tehran-Mehrabad
- Markooh spectacular views
- Javaherdeh Village which is an important tourist attraction in Ramsar county. It offers beautiful scenery of seemingly endless green fields, snow-capped mountains, vast dense woods, rolling green hills and picturesque north-Iranian farms and villages. The houses in this area of Iran has unlike many other areas of Iran roofs that are tilted rather than flat.
- Tamashagage Jhazar
- 1 Ramsar Cable Car (Tala Kabin), Ramsar to Chaboksar road, ☏ . Using cable car, you can go through the jungle and clouds to the mountains and enjoy the wonderful view. US$6.
- Ramsar Museum Palace, Rajaei St. Pays homage to a former royal family summer house.
- The Sea Park that reaches to the beach is a good place for a stroll.
- The Casino
- Ramsar Plaza Complex (Telecabine). including telecabine, seashore, restaurant, coffeeshops, shopping center, funfair, etc.
- Hot Spring
- Tooska restaurant
- Ramsar Parsian Hotel, Rajaei St. This hotel lies next to the old Ramsar Hotel and recreates its splendor.
- Gileboom homestay, No 69, Abrisham1 Alley, Shohada St. Ghasemabad Sofla village (15 Km after Ramsar to Rasht), ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. In Gileboom homestay, you feel Iranian hospitality in a traditional clean house and taste Guilani cuisine with classic local dishes. it is located between Caspian Sea and Hyrcanian mixed forest. You can have a hiking in the jungle and visit workshops of local handicrafts in the neighborhood. Vegetarians also may have local food. "The price is fair" as our guests say. If you visit Iran and all historical sites you should also visit Gileboom to round up your overall impressions of the country.
27 km south of Ramsar and 2700 m above sea level in the Alborz mountains is Javaher Deh village, which is an important tourist attraction in Ramsar county.