Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Bhagvati Bundar. An old harbour, no longer in use as such but, instead, as a good white sand beach. A good beach with black sand is Mandvi Bundar.
- Bhatyachi Khadi- Khadi. An area where river meets to sea. The village near this place is Bhatye, so known as Bhatyachi Khadi. The place is beautiful with a view of river & sea both. There is good casuarina cultivation on the sea shore. Also there is regional research centre for coconut & spices just near the casuarina plantation.
- 2 Ganapatipule. A clean seashore and Ganpati temple, about 30 km North from Ratnagiri. This temple is reconstructed in Rajasthani stones and look.
- Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak Smarak. The monument and the home of a man who set off the 'Swadeshi Movement' and spearheaded the fight against the British Raj
- Mirya Bunder.
- 3 Patit Pawan Mandir. The temple built by Swatantryaveer Savarkar for patit class of people.
- 4 Ratnadurga Fort. A fort covered by sea on 3 sides, with a temple of Goddess Bhagwati inside.
- 5 Thibaw Palace. The last Burmese king Thibaw was imprisoned in this palace by the British, built in Pagoda style. The Government has given up part of this palace for a Polytechnic.
- 6 Tilak's birthplace. The great Indian freedom fighter Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak's birthplace.
- Best Western Blue Ocean Resort & Spa, S No 127 Malgund, Ratnagiri, India 415612, ☏ . An oasis of relaxation located in Ganpatipule-home to one of the most spectacular beaches along the Konkan coast. The hotel has beautiful landscaping with coconut palms lined along the coastline. The hotel claims to follow environmentally-friendly practices. Enjoy the delicious seafood and fruits which are coastal specialties.
- Hotel Prabha. It is the best place in Ratnagiri to stay. It has a restaurant also. Good rooms and good service. Its really wonderful to stay there.
- Hotel Prasad. It is a safe place in the center of the city.
- Kohinoor Samudra Beach Resort, Bhatye, Ratnagiri - Pawas coastal Highway, Ratnagiri - 415612, Maharashtra, India, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Free Wi-Fi and parking. Rooms are fully air-conditioned with some having sea and beach views. Complimentary breakfast.
- Marleshwar, known for its cave temple, is further inland