Rauland is in Telemark , Norway. Rauland, with its 700 to 1100 m.a.s.l., has for many years been a snow classic for the whole family, in short distance from Larvik, Oslo, Kristiansand and Haugesund. Here you find an excellent combination of alpine slopes, 140 km of varied cross-country ski trails, fun winter activities, and a ski bus connecting the ski centers together. It also has a summer and autumn season in the villages by the foot of Hardangervidda. You can walk along kilometers of marked tracks, go cycling and riding, fish in the clear mountain lakes, hunt for small game or take part in exciting activities for young and old alike.
Rauland has given priority to families with children, but also have deals with challenges both to advanced skiers and snowboarders, as well as several good powder run areas. There are four diverse, good children's areas with both ski bands and ski lifts, shapes, tunnels and igloos, guaranteeing you challenges no matter how good they are with skis or snowboards on their feet. All three cooperate with common lift pass and a free ski bus that brings you back and forth.
Rauland consists of three ski resorts offering a variety of winter sports, each with their own character. At the same time, all three offer activities adapted to different age groups and different level of proficiency
- Rauland Ski Resort / Holtardalen. The largest ski center, and has slopes to suit the entire family. There is a new 4-seater chairlift in and a network of trails that allow you to use all day to explore new slopes. This ski resort is also associated with Rauland Høgfjellshotells lift
- Raulandsfjell Alpine. The toughest challenges you get here, with steep, black runs, combined with red trails and children slopes. Raulandsfjell has its own off-piste area, so here is the first man to the mill principle when we have powder alarm.
- Vierli Tourist Centre. Provides challenges regardless of skill level. Kid-friendly slopes including Vierli Winterland and one of Norway's largest sled trails. SWAG Vierli Terrain park is one of Norways best snowboard/twin tip parks.
- Cross-country skiing in Rauland. Offers 150 km of groomed cross country trails in varied terrain. Approx. 60 kilometer skate route with a classic track, the rest are prepared with two double classic tracks. There are approx. 70 kilometer mountain trails and 80 kilometer forest trails.
Cross-country tracks prepared daily throughout the season, stepping machines have GPS info for the guests. There is an artificial arena with floodlights for cross country at six kilometers round trip between Rauland and Vierli Tourist Center, and in addition, a lighted ski trail in the center of eight kilometers.
- 1 Rauland Høgfjellshotell, 3864 Rauland, N-3860 Rauland, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Rauland Høgfjellshotell is 1000 metre above sea level, on the south side of Hardangervidda. Facilities include a swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam sauna and a mountain spa. The restaurant Falkeriset serves European cuisine.