Buses operated by Edgard  run from Avignon (route A15) and Nîmes (route C21) to Remoulins where it is a short walk to the Pont du Gard. A one-way ticket costs 1.50€ per person. Buses do not go to the visitor centre despite the presence of a bus stop pole and timetable (out of date)
A9 motorway, exit 23 at Remoulins, direction Uzès then follow the signs to the left or right bank. There are two car parks which open from 6AM to 1AM (5 € per day). There are 800 places on the left bank and 600 places on the right bank.
From the main road it is a short 5-minute walk to the Pont du Gard visitor centre. The aqueduct is a further 5-minute walk from here.
- 1 Pont du Gard. Cultural activities and shops: Open from 9:00 or 09:30 to 17:30 or 19:00, depending on the season. The discovery areas are closed on Monday mornings.. A massive Roman aqueduct that was placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1981. It was originally part of a 50 km canal supplying fresh water to the Roman city of Nîmes. The museum by the main car park explains beautifully how the Romans built the canal, including the aqueduct, and how they used the water. Descriptions are in French and English and should interest visitors of all ages. There is a not-too-pricey restaurant by the side of the aqueduct. Free.
- This is a popular place for Hikers and cyclists and is on several well marked trails. A booklet is available from the visitors center for €4 detailing trails around the bridge.
- Canoe France  offers the chance to canoe along the Gardon and under the bridge on several different trips.
- It is possible to swim in the water near the bridge, it is quite cold and very rocky so best be prepared with old shoes.
There are many tourist orientated shops in the town, as well as at the visitor centre.
The only food can be bought from the visitor centre
The only drinks can be bought from the visitor centre
- Camping International: Des Gorges du Gardon, 30 210 Vers-Pont-du-Gard (By A9 freeway, exit REMOULINS direction UZES (D 981)), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a well equipped campsite very near the Pont du Gard. €12.50-€18.50 depending on season.
The Pont du Gard is the most visited antique site in France, with over one million visitors per year. It is, however, located in a fragile Mediterranean environment. A few basic rules should therefore be observed, please:
- take your waste away with you;
- stay on the marked paths;
- keep dogs on a lead;
- do not pick any plants;
- do not light fires;
- do not jump or dive from the bridge