North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Virginia > Central Virginia > Richmond > Richmond/SouthsideJump to navigation Jump to search
From Richmond proper, 195 South to Powhite Parkway.
- Belle Isle. In the middle of the James River, this island includes a mountain-biking trail. Fans of the movies Cold Mountain, Hannibal, and The Jackal may recognize the area. It offers great views of the falls and the river, but be wary of copperheads, which abound on the island. Also many teenagers enjoy swimming and laying out on the rocks. There are even rope swings set up on the bridges nearby. It is a great hangout for teenagers and young adults. The rocks can get overcrowded during the warmer months on the weekend, so plan accordingly. Also, in mainly July and August when the James River water levels are low, the water can get bath-water hot.
- Richmond Railroad Museum, 102 Hull St.
- 1 Sky Zone Richmond, 1345 Carmia Way. Indoor trampoline park - waiver to be completed to allow participation.
- Stony Point Fashion Park, 9200 Stony Point Parkway, ☏ . Stony Point Fashion Park is just south of the James River. This open air shopping mall hosts over 100 shops and restaurants including Dillard's department store and upscale shops like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, Ann Taylor and Sur La Table. You'll also find many restaurants at the shopping center including CineBistro luxury dinner-and-a-movie theater.
- 1 The Dixie Chicken (Dixie Chicken), 1203 Westover Hills Boulevard, ☏ . Monday thru Saturday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Delicious fried chicken and home made sides. It is best to call in your order ahead of time for take-out. $10-20.
- O'Toole's Restaurant (Irish Pub), 4800 Forest Hill Ave. (Not far off Powhite Parkway), ☏ . 11AM-midnight or 2AM. O'Toole's Irish Pub, in the quiet neighborhood of Westover Hills, serves reuben and onion rings, prime rib and mashed sweet potatoes, Irish beers on tap and homemade bread pudding. There are authentic family crests along the walls and live music every weekend, a dart room and private banquet rooms. $10-20.