Richmond is a city in the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky, about 30 miles (50 km) south of Lexington. The county seat of Madison County, Richmond is best known as the home of Eastern Kentucky University.
There are several sites for car rental in Richmond, including an Enterprise, Kwik Kars and Hertz Rent-a-car.
- OK Cabs, phone: 859-624-0492.
- Colonel's Cabs, phone: 859-624-8294.
- 1 Battle of Richmond Visitors Center and Battlefield Park, 101 Battlefield Memorial Hwy, ☏ . The 2 day Battle of Richmond was the first major battle of the 1862 Kentucky Campaign. This invasion of Kentucky by Confederate armies resulted in the capture of Lexington and Frankfort. The campaign ultimately culminated in the larger Battle of Perryville located near Danville
- 2 Fort Boonesborough, 4375 Boonesboro Rd., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A replica of the settlement established in 1775 by Daniel Boone where the Wilderness Road met the Kentucky River. The park operates as a living history museum showcasing life on the Kentucky frontier in the late 18th century. Besides the fort, the park has a campground, pool, picnic area, and hiking trails.
- 3 White Hall, 500 White Hall Shrine Rd., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. April 1 - October 31 Monday - Saturday 9:00AM - 5:00PM Sunday 12:00 - 4:00PM. A 44 room Italiante/Georgian mansion owned by emancipationist Cassius Clay. Adults $8.00 Seniors, AAA, and Military $7.00 Children (6-12) $4.00.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Acres of Land Winery, 2285 Barnes Mill Rd., ☏ , toll-free: . A winery that offers tours, wagon rides, and features an on site restaurant.
- 2 Deer Run Stable, 2001 River Circle Dr, ☏ . Features horse riding lessons, trail rides, and boarding for horses.
- 3 Downtown Walking Tour of Homes, 345 Lancaster Ave, ☏ . A brochure for the self guided walking tour can be picked up at the Richmond Visitor Center. The tour showcases over 70 historical buildings, homes, and churches.
- 4 Gibson Bay Golf Course, 2000 Gibson Bay Dr., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. An 18 hole public golf course
Go to a park: Million, Irvine McDoud, The Ravine.
Walk Main Street: Chestnut Tree Gallery, The Scoop Shop, Art Attack, Tassel and Toad, Gallery on Main, City Hall
The Richmond Mall, The Peddler's Mall, The Chestnut Tree Gallery, Tassel and Toad, Wal-Mart, Goody's, Maurices, Deb's, Big Lots, Lowes, Hastings, Currier's Music
There are many restaurants in Richmond, including most of the national chains for fast food.
- 1 Babylon Cafe, 213 West Main St., ☏ . Gyros and Mediterranean cuisine.
- 2 Casa Cafe, 433 Professional Dr., ☏ . Mexican Cuisine
- 3 Casa Fiesta, 240 Eastern Bypass, ☏ . Mexican cuisine
- 4 Madison Garden Bar and Grill, 152 North Madison Ave, ☏ .
Most of the city of Richmond is wet, although some areas inside city limits have voted themselves dry. Package sales of alcohol and bars are available.
- 1 Purdy's Coffee Company, 212 W Main St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Located in downtown Richmond, serving coffee, sandwiches, and baked goods
- 2 Nikki's Tavern, 206 E. Water St., ☏ .
- 3 The Paddy Wagon, 150 E. Main St., ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bed and Breakfast
- 1 [formerly dead link] Heritage House Bed and Breakfast, 189 Meridian Way, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 The Bennett House Bed and Breakfast, 419 West Main St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Best Western Holiday Plaza, 100 Eastern Bypass, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1990 Colby Taylor Dr., ☏ .
- 5 Fort Boonesborough, 4375 Boonesboro Rd., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A campground located at the state park and on the banks of the Kentucky River. Features 167 campsites with electric and water hookups, shower houses, laundry facilities and a grocery. The campground is open year round. Reservations may be made through the website up to one year in advance.
Berea - Home of Berea College and known for its many artisans.
Danville - Located to the west of Richmond. The drive along KY 52 passes through scenic countryside.
Lexington - The second largest city in Kentucky is located 30 miles to the north.
|Routes through Richmond|
|Cincinnati ← Lexington ←||N S||→ Berea → Knoxville|