To use public transport you'll need a Myki card, which costs $6 (or $3 for children/concession) from post offices, milk-bars, petrol stations and train stations. Once you have the Myki card it needs to be topped up with money. An adult fee (for one trip) is approximately $3 (it changes frequently) and a child/concession fee is $1.50. The number of stops doesn't change the cost.
Hiring a car isn't too hard in Melbourne and there are many car rental places and websites.
- 370 Ringwood - Mitcham via Ringwood North
- 380 Ringwood - Croydon
- 963 Ringwood - Lilydale via Mooroolbark
- 271 Ringwood - Box Hill via Park Orchards
- 303 Ringwood North - City via Park Road
- 670 Ringwood - Lilydale via Croydon and Chirnside Park
- 364 Ringwood - Warrandyte via Croydon
- 679 Ringwood - Chirnside Park Shopping Centre
- 969 Ringwood - City via Wantirna, Rowville and Caulfield
- Ringwood Clocktower, 104A Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134, ☏ . War memorial with garden setting as well as a clock tower.
- Crocs Playcentre Ringwood, 481 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood VIC 3134, ☏ . Fun children's amusement centre.
- 1 Paco's Tacos, Eastland Shopping Centre R07/171, 175 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134 (In Eastland Shopping Centre), ☏ . Mexican restaurant. Delicious food including vegan options.
- 2 Huxtaburger, Town Square, Eastland, R03/171 - 175 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134 (In Eastland Shopping Centre), ☏ . Burger restaurant, offers a vegan menu, suitable for families and children.
- Thai Street Food, Eastland Shopping Centre, 175 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134. Thai takeaway restaurant, suitable for children.
- 1 High & Dry Bar, Sage Hotel Melbourne Ringwood, 211 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134. 11am - 11pm. Cosy, casual, good for groups.
- Nightcap at Manhattan Hotel, Cnr Heatherdale & Canterbury Roads, VIC 3134, ☏ . $103.
- 1 Sage Hotel, F5 Eastland Shopping Centre, 211 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134, ☏ . Free WiFi, paid parking, accessible. $149.
- 1 Realm (Ringwood Library), 179 Maroondah Hwy, VIC 3134, ☏ . Friendly staff, good for studying or unwinding. Free WiFi