The airport is named after Praia do Galeão (Galleon Beach), located in front of the present passenger terminal of the Brazilian Air Force. It is the largest airport site in terms of area in Brazil. Since August 12, 2014 it has been operated by the concessionary Rio Galeão, a consortium formed by the Brazilian investor Odebrecht and Changi Airport Group, with a minority participation of the government-owned company Infraero, the previous operator.The new concessionary has been using the brand name RIOgaleão – Aeroporto Internacional Tom Jobim. The new concessionary Rio Galeão has revised, modified and upgraded the construction of a new pier with 26 new bridges, a new apron for 97 aircraft, and 2,640 car parking spaces have been added in 2016-17.
- Terinal 1:Azul Linhas Aéreas,Flyways and Gol
- Terminal 2:Aerolineas Argentinas, Air Canada, Alitalia, American Airlines, Avianca,Condor,Copa Airlines, Delta Airlines, Edelweiss, Emirates Airlines, Iberia, KLM, LATAM (formerly LAN & TAM Airlines), Lufthansa, Passaredo, Royal Air Maroc, TAAG, TAPTAP Portugal, United Airlines.
The airport is located 20 km from the city center of Rio de Janeiro. Several buses, taxis, Metro and Transfer company is available to reach the airport from city center.
Eat and Drink
The airport has following ATMs in concern Terminals:
- Bradesco - 3rd floor
- Caixa Econômica Federal - 3rd floor
- Banco do Brasil – 3rd floor
- Itaú - 3rd floor
- Santander - 3rd floor
- HSBC - 3rd floor, 1st floor
- Bradesco – 1st floor and 3rd floor
- Caixa Econômica Federal -1st floor and 3rd floor
- Itaú - 1st floor
- Santander - 1st floor and 2nd floor
- HSBC - 2nd floor – Departures, 3rd floor
- Rio Aeroporto Hotel, Av. Vinte de Janeiro, S/N, Ilha do Governador, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 21941-570, Brazil (3rd floor of Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (Terminal 1)), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. The hotel has a restaurant, sauna, gym and free wifi, ideal for those with long connections at the airport.