River Edge is in New Jersey.
River Edge is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey. River Edge was incorporated on June 30, 1894.
From Exit 161 on the Garden State Parkway North or Rt. 17, travel about 2 miles on Route 4 East, take the exit for Hackensack Ave. North / River Edge.
From Route 4, take the exit for Hackensack Ave. North / River Edge.
You can get around by car, bike, bus, train, or walking.
- New Bridge Landing: New Bridge Landing has the Campbell-Christie House and the Steuben House on its property. New Bridge Landing is home to the New Bridge also known as The Bridge That Saved A Nation. New Bridge Landing was a military headquarters and home to people passing through. On November 20, 1776 George Washington and the Continental Army crossed the bridge while fleeing from British attack. New Bridge Landing was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
- Sanducci’s Trattoria: An authentic Italian restaurant with a Tuscan feel. The menu includes something for everyone; pizza, pasta, steak, children, veal, seafood, and a children’s menu. This restaurant is BYOB. They are available for reservations whether they be large or small. They also have a separate room that can be rented out for events. This restaurant also gives the choice of take-out food.
- Babylon Restaurant: Babylon Restaurant is an authentic mediterranean restaurant. They are known for their fresh vegetables and kabobs. They are open seven days a week. They have an extension to their restaurant called the River Edge Diamond Deli which offers a cafe and deli portion of their restaurant.
- China Garden: China Garden is a Chinese restaurant. The people that work at China Garden are very nice and the meals are quite cheap.
- Dantes Imports Incorporated: Dantes is a deli which also serves as a convenient store.
- Fuki Sushi: Fuki Sushi is a Japanese restaurant.
- Mazzones Pizza: Mazzones Pizza is a take-out pizzeria that has been in River Edge for years.
- River Edge Diner: The River Edge Diner is a family-owned business that is great for a meal at any time of the day.
All of these places are on Kinderkamack Avenue.
- Veteran's Memorial Park: The Veteran’s Memorial Park has tennis courts, picnic areas, bathrooms, benches, basketball court, garden area, playground area, hockey rink, Little League baseball fields, and a concession stand.
- Brookside Park: The Brookside Park has a playground area, small tables, and a basketball court. There is also a walking path known as the “Doggy Path” that runs through six streets.
- Kenneth B. George Park: The Kenneth B. George Park has a softball field, baseball field, bathrooms, and a concession stand.
- Swim Club: The River Edge Swim Club is for River Edge residents. It has a pool size for every age, including diving boards. There are also volleyball and basketball courts. The swim club has food available for purchase, bathrooms, and changing areas.
|Routes through River Edge|
|Spring Valley ← Westwood ←||N S||→ Hackensack → Hoboken|