- From Bruges: 30 minutes.
- From Kortrijk: 20 minutes.
The bus station is located right next to the train station. The Flemish national bus company, De Lijn, has lines to Roeselare from Diksmuide, Kortrijk and Ypres. For more information regarding different timetables (only available in Dutch): https://www.delijn.be.
- 1 Town Hall and Belfry of Roeselare (Belfort), Grote Markt. The oldest part of the town hall was constructed between 1769 and 1771. On the corner of the town hall stands the belfry. The belfry is, together with 55 others in Belgium and northern France listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 2 Castle of Rumbeke, Moorseelsesteenweg 2, ☏ .
- 3 Rodenbach Brewery, Spanjestraat 133, ☏ .
- 4 ARhus, De Munt 8, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The knowledge hub of Roeselare. This is one of the most modern libraries of Belgium and is worth a visit if you are interested in architecture. From the large windows you have a nice view on the neighboring streets and squares. There is a small readers café called De Tassche where you can get something small to eat and to drink.
- 5 MUZE'UM L (MUZE'UM licht & landschap), Bergstraat 23, ☏ , ✉ mail@muzeumL.be. Museum that interacts in a playful way with architecture, light and landscape.
- 6 Eperon d'Or, Prins Albertlaan 5, 8870 Izegem, ☏ . Tu-Su: 13:30—17:30. M closed. This 1930 art deco building was built to house a shoe factory called Eperon d'Or. In recent years the building underwent a thorough renovation and since 2017 it is the location of a museum dedicated to shoes and brushes. This is one of the most interesting pieces of industrial heritage in this part of West Flanders. It is conveniently located next to the Izegem railway station.
- 7 Blauwhuis Castle, Kasteelwijk 3, 8870 Izegem. This castle is situated in the neighboring municipality of Izegem. The building is one of the most iconic one of Izegem. In 2017 the park surrounding the castle has been made accessible for visitors.
- De Tuin der Lusten - Yearly open air festival (for free).
- de groote stooringe - International street and circus festival that takes place once every three years (for free).
- TRAX Festival - Yearly pop/rock music festival (for free).
Today Roeselare is quite known among Flemish people for its ample shopping opportunities.
- 1 Frituur Smulbox, Rumbeeksesteenweg 99, ☏ . For the typical Belgian fries and fried snacks.
- 2 De Huiskamer, Sint-Alfonsusstraat 34, ☏ . The restaurant interior feels like a living room.
- 3 Boury, Rumbeeksesteenweg 300, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Granted with Michelin stars and in the Gault Millau guide.
Try the locally brewn Rodenbach beer in one of the bars in the city center.
1 Parkhotel, Stationsplein 7, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parkhotel is located right in front of the train station and in the hart of the town. There are several room types in this modern 3 star hotel: double and triple rooms and suites.
2 Mercure, Kwadestraat 149B, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mercure is a luxuriously equipped 4 star hotel at the edge of the city. Its location right next to the E403 motorway make it a good location to base yourself if you want to discover the region by car. It is hard to get to this hotel using public transport.