While Roha village is small, the broad taluka (adminsitrative division) of Roha has a population of around 170,000 and is a centre for chemical manufacturing.
Roha can be reached via rail or road. The nearest international airport is in Mumbai.
- Dhavir Temple. Dhavir Maharaj is the prime deity of Roha. Every year the town celebrates Navaratri Festival by having a 10 day Festival at the Dhavir Temple which ends on the 10th day - "Dasra" during Navaratri. On the following day of Dasra, Palkhi of Dhavir Maharaj is taken through the town where it visits each and every house for the Aarti.
- 1 Avchitgad Fort. The fort is believed to have been built during the Shilahar dynasty and was reconstructed by the great Maratha king Shivaji.
In the neighbouring village of Kolad, there are several adventure sports facilities, primarily specialising in white water rafting on the Kundalika River.
- Adventure Kolad.
- Kundalika Water Rafting, Saje, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- [dead link] Wild River Adventures, Nariyal Baug, Rawalje, Near Rawalje Canal, Kolad, ☏ .
- Wilder West Adventures, Sambhe Village, Roha-Kolad Road, ☏ , .
- River View Adventures, Muthavali Road, Saje, ☏ (mobile), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. River rafting in the Kundalika River.
- Kolad River Rafting, ☏ .
Roha is close to the picnic destination of Alibag.