- 1 [dead link] Tourist Information, Im Bahnhof (Inside the station building), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 10:00-11:45, 14:00-17:00.
The 1 railway station is located in the town centre right next to the harbour. Romanshorn is a connecting hub for several lines and as such very convenient to reach by train.
- IC from Brig (3 h 30 min) via Berne (2 h 20 min), Zurich (1 h 10 min), Zurich airport (1 h), Winterthur (40 min) and Frauenfeld (30 min), 1 hourly train.
- S8 from Schaffhausen (1 h 30 min) via Stein am Rhein (1 h), Kreuzlingen (30 min) and from St. Gallen (30 min), 2 hourly trains. A couple of RE connections again, go on the same route, but end in Konstanz instead.
- S7 from Weinfelden (20 min) and Rorschach (20 min), twice hourly.
The Swiss Lake Constance Shipping Company (SBS AG) serves a bunch of connections across the lake carrying both passengers and cars. Both the ferry terminal and the passenger boat jetty are just outside the railway station.
A ferry links Friedrichshafen in Germany to Romanshorn (41 min, Fr. 10.40). The ferry has between 8 and 16 connections a day depending on the time of the year and the weekday.
The closest motorway is the A1, with a spur road (A1.1) starting just east of town. Either of the main roads to the west (one along the lake in direction Kreuzlingen, the other in direction of Weinfelden) lead to the A7 motorway.
- 1 autobau Erlebniswelt, Egnacherweg 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W 16:00-20:00, Su 10:00-17:00. An exposition in a industrial complex which showcases a multitude of car models. Fr. 15.
- 2 Locorama, Egnacherweg 1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. May-October Su 10:00-17:00. This exhibition in an old roundhouse showcases some historical locomotives and rail coaches. Fr. 6.
- 3 Museum am See, Hafenstrasse 31 (A few minutes walk from the railway station along the lakeshore.). Su 14:00-17:00 except Easter and Pentecost. This museum showcases the history of Romanshorn from 1800 until today. Free (donation based).
- 1 Restaurant Hafen, Friedrichshafnerstrasse 55a, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Waldschenke Romanshorn, ☏ . April-June, September daily 13:00-dusk, July-August daily 11:00-dusk. This small restaurant is located in the forest 4 km (2.5 mi) away from the railway station and is not much more than a cooking shack with some outdoor tables around. It is a nice walk from the town centre, however you might need a map or GPS to find it. They serve sausages and other food items from the grill. Fr. 7-10 for most dishes.