From the north - Burnie - the trip in until the 1960s was on the back of a train - there was no highway beneath Mount Black - the notorious road that seems to grow black ice at times least expected... After the Pieman power scheme changed the nearby landscape, the roads and bridges were rebuilt for the new dams and lakes that resulted from the scheme - even a Lake Rosebery being the name of one of the lakes.
From the south - Zeehan and Renison - the road can be as dangerous as the road from the north in bad weather.
- See the old Hercules to Rosebery aerial ore bucket ropeway
- Walk to the Montezuma Falls
- Stitt Falls, accessed via a 30 minute walk through rainforest, starting at Stitt Park
- Rosebery Folk Festival.
- Blue Moon Restaurant.
- Mount Black Lodge, Hospital Road.
- Rosebery Cabin and Tourist Park, 1 Park Road, Rosebery, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The park offers self-contained cabins, basic cabins, powered and unpowered sites, and single backpackers rooms. There is also a camp kitchen.
- The Top Pub, 8 Agnes Street, Rosebery, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Hotel accommodation. Rooms with ensuite, and standard rooms (shared bathroom) are available.