The Rougemont area is known for apple and maple syrup production. It is the location of Mont Rougemont and Rougemont Airport for private aircraft.
- Richelieu tourist information office, 2365, Chemin des Patriotes, Richelieu. open every weekend from Sep 8 to Oct 8 from 09:00 to 17:00.
From Montreal, it's 55 km. Take Hwy 10 east to exit 37 (direction Marieville), then Hwy 227 north to Hwy 112, and 112 east to Rougemont.
- LimoCar. Twice daily from Montreal's Gare d'autocars 08:25 and 17:40 (1hr 5min, $17.50).
- The apple trees in bloom in May.
- 1 Mont Rougemont (Abenaki: Wigwômedenek). Part of the Monteregian Hills in southern Quebec. It is composed of igneous rock and hornfels. The summit stands 366 m (1,201 ft) above sea level. The mountain is mostly covered with sugar maple-dominated forest. Apple orchards and vineyards are cultivated on many of the lower slopes, and much of the fruit is used to make cider.
- From September to mid-October, the apples are ready to harvest, and Rougemont is home to pick,-your-own apple farms.
- Balza Resto-Grill, 175, rue Josée, ☏ . M-W 11:00 - 20:00, Th 11:00 - 21:00, F Sa 11:00 - 22:00, Su 11:00 - 20:00. Pasta, souvlaki, steak, ribs, seafood. Dinner mains $13-39, lunch $10-16.
- Le Fruit Defendu Restaurant Auberge, 1342 Rg double, ☏ . Year-round: W Th 11:30-14:30, F 11:30-14:30 and 18:00-22:00; Mar to mid-June and early Sep through Oct: Su 10:00-14:00. Healthy, tasty, local cuisine with an exotic touch: eggs benedict, duck confit, rack of lamb, crème brûlée, tarte tatin.
- Cantine Simone, 1087 Principale, ☏ . Fast food.
- Si Henri Savait, 530 Rue Principale, ☏ . Sa 09:00 - 17:00, Tu-F 07:30 - 17:30. Coffee, sandwiches, homemade pies.
- Vignoble et Cidrerie Coteau Rougemont, 1105, Petite Caroline, ☏ . Su-W 11:00-16:00, Th-Sa 11:00-17:00. Winery and cidery. Try their apple ice wine.
- Camping Terrasse Rougemont, 545 La Grande-Caroline, ☏ , (Off-season phone). Family camping with 316 sites. Open May-Sep. Wi-Fi available. Pets allowed with restrictions. All facilities with hot water, soap, towels and toilet paper. Snack bar, laundromat, convenience store on site. Dumping station. Swimming pool, wading pool, indoor games, movies, library, fishing on site, boating equipment rental, playground. $26-30/night.
- Le Fruit Defendu Restaurant Auberge, 1342 Rg double, ☏ . Three studios: a living room, a private bathroom, a bedroom with queen size bed, mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, TV, air conditioning and outdoor pool. Single from $110, double from $139.
- Auberge Coteau Rougemont, 1105, Petite Caroline, ☏ . A spacious living space with 3 bedrooms that can accommodate up to 8 people.