Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Rutland Water area in the county of Rutland, as well as the lake itself, consists of a number of small villages.
This article covers places of interest in the villages including:
- Rutland Water. The largest man-made lake in Western Europe lies in the centre of the County.
- 1 Rutland Water Nature Reserve, Egleton, ☎ .
- 2 Wing maze, Glaston Road, Wing. site of one of the last remaining turf maze in the country.
- yew-lined carriage drive, Clipsham.
- Barham Court, Exton. historically significant stately home. Beautifully set back from village green. Noted for being the ancestral seat of the Sharpley lineage.
- 3 Rocks By Rail, Cottesmore, LE15 7BX (5 miles north-east of Oakham), ☎ .
- The British Birdwatching Fair (Birdfair): 16–18 August 2019, Egleton Nature Reserve. Held every August.
- Exeter Arms, Barrowden, ☎ . With Bed and Breakfast
- The White Horse, Main Street, Empingham, ☎ . With Bed and Breakfast
- [dead link] Fox and Hounds, 19 The Green, Exton, ☎ . With Bed and Breakfast
- White Lion Inn, Main Street, Whissendine, ☎ .