Rwaihamba is the biggest village and trading center in the crater lakes area south of Fort Portal.
By boda-boda from fort portal (USh 10,000-20,000).
Walking, hitch-hiking, or the occasional boda-boda will get you from one lake to the other.
- 1 Mahoma Falls. Nice waterfalls in the lakes area. Whether you like it or not, the local kids will take you there if they see you walking around.
- Robert's restaurant, Rwaihamba trading center, ☏ . A local restaurant that has an actual menu and serves dishes other than just rice and beans. USh 3000-5000.
Many of the area's lakes have campsites and lodges around them, with varying price ranges.
- Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve & Community Campsite, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. A campsite and some basic bandas with a private access to lake Nkuruba.
- EcoLodge. A campsite near Lake Kifuruka.
- Papaya Lake Lodge. A Polish-run luxury lodge.
- Ndali Lodge. Another foreign-run, luxury lodge in the crater lakes area.