São Filipe is a city on the island of Fogo.
See the Fogo section for details on flights and boats.
From the airport a taxi into town costs 500$. A shared Aluguer costs 100$.
From the port, a taxi is around 150$.
For other destinations around the island aluguers leave from near the market.
There is a lot of colonial architecture all around the historical center of the town.
- 1 Aguarinho. historical monument.
- 2 Museu Municipal de São Filipe. regional museum.
- 3 Praça do Presídio. the corniche basically.
There is said to be a somewhat decent beach by the harbor outside of town, where the current isn't quite as strong.
- 1 Pipi's Bar, CP 104, ☏ . A good selection of fish and Mediterranean dishes. Mains for 500-750$.
- 2 Tropical Club, ☏ . A good selection of food in a pleasant atmosphere. A palm provides cooling shade in an open courtyard.
- 1 Casa Colonial, ☏ . 07:30-23:30 daily. Restaurant and bar that also serves brunch from 11:00.
- 2 Super Club.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Hotel Xaguate. A four-star hotel with a great sea views. The cliff-top pool is available for use by non-residents for 750$. Double from 10,150$.
- 2 Pensao Bela Vista, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-out: 12:00. In a charming sobrado architecture building, this is perhaps the nicest mid-range accommodation. Wifi 3400$ double.