Söderhamn is a town in Hälsingland, and the seat of Söderhamn Municipality.
Arriving by train is quite easy, Stockholm is about 2½ hours away with SJ [dead link] high-speed trains that continue all the way north to Umeå via Sundsvall. Slower, regional trains connects with smaller nearby cities. 1 Söderhamn station is about 1 km west of the city centre and the station is also a hub for local and regional buses.
Regional buses are run by X-trafik and there are routes from nearby regional centers as well as smaller towns.
- Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland (Hälsingegårdar). Some of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland are in Söderhamn. The farmhouses showcases Swedish traditional architecture and they are often decorated with some paintings dating back to the 15th century. There are 41 farmhouses that are open for visitors, with seven of them being especially noteworthy.
- 2 Söderhamn Aviation Museum. Displays the heritage of a closed-down air force base.
- 3 Söderhamns stadsmuseum, Oxtorgsgatan 5. Open Noon-5PM, Wednesday Sunday during summer. By appointment during the rest of the year. Small municipal museum dedicated to Söderhamns history, from a military outpost with a large arsenal to a manufacturing hub during the industrial era.
- 1 Alba Bistro, Kyrkogatan 10. 11A-10PM, closed Mondays. Servs excellent Ethiopian cuisine in a authentic 1930s café setting.
- 2 Me and McGee's, Oxtorgsgatan 14, ☏ .
- 3 Månses Trädgårdscafé, Fredsgatan 13, ☏ .
- 1 First Hotel Statt Söderhamn, Oxtorgsgatan 17, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Largest hotel in town, centrally located. From 600 kr/night.
|Routes through Söderhamn|
|Stockholm ← Gävle ←||W E||→ Hudiksvall → Sundsvall|