Söderhamn is a town in Hälsingland, and the seat of Söderhamn Municipality.
Arriving by train is quite easy, Stockholm is about 2½ hours away with SJ [formerly dead link] high-speed trains that continue all the way north to Umeå via Sundsvall. Slower, regional trains connects with smaller nearby cities. Regional buses are run by X-trafik and there are routes from nearby regional centers as well as smaller towns.
- 1 Söderhamn railway station (Söderhamns järnvägsstation) (1 km west of the city centre). Major station where both local and long distance trains stops.
- 2 Ljusne railway station. Only local trains stop here.
- 3 Holmsveden railway station. Only local trains stop here.
- Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland (Hälsingegårdar). Some of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland are in Söderhamn. The farmhouses showcases Swedish traditional architecture and they are often decorated with some paintings dating back to the 15th century. There are 41 farmhouses that are open for visitors, with seven of them being especially noteworthy.
- 2 Söderhamn Aviation Museum. Displays the heritage of a closed-down air force base.
- 3 [dead link] Söderhamns stadsmuseum, Oxtorgsgatan 5. Open Noon-5PM, Wednesday Sunday during summer. By appointment during the rest of the year. Small municipal museum dedicated to Söderhamns history, from a military outpost with a large arsenal to a manufacturing hub during the industrial era.
- 4 Prästgrundet chapel (Prästgrundets kapell). Built in 1830 as part of a series of chapels built for fishermen along the coast.
- 5 Trönö old church (Trönö gamla kyrka). A well-preserved medieval church, with many sections dating back to the 13th century.
- 1 Kanonholmen Seafood, Vadtorp 451. Excellent selection of locally caught fish as well as shellfish from both the east and west coast of Sweden. Doubles as both a store and restaurant.
- 2 Me and McGee's, Oxtorgsgatan 14, ☏ .
- 3 Månses Trädgårdscafé, Fredsgatan 13, ☏ . Design shop and restaurant with great outdoor seating.
- 4 Restaurang Albertina, Skärså 443. Located in the idyllic fishing village of Skärså, this summer-only restaurant serves a wide variety of seafood.
- 5 Rådis, Kyrkogatan 10. Authentic 1930s café setting.
- 1 Best Western Hotell SöderH, Montörsbacken 4, ☏ .
- 2 First Hotel Statt Söderhamn, Oxtorgsgatan 17, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Largest hotel in town, centrally located. From 600 kr/night.
|Routes through Söderhamn|
|Sundsvall ← Hudiksvall ←||N S||→ Gävle → Stockholm|