European settlement of Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs began in the 19th century, ehen the inhabitants of the Valley of the St. Lawrence migrated to the lands north of Montreal.
At the turn of the century, the first tourists (cottagers) were mostly Protestant Anglophones from Montreal. They settled especially around Lac Marois.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs is 70 km north of Montreal on Autoroute 15. Take exit 57 Chemin Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs west into the village.
From Mont-Tremblant, take Highway 117/Autoroute 15 east and south for 60 km.
- Autobus Galland. Montreal to Saint-Sauveur-des-Monts 3 times a day (1hr 45min, $13-19), then a $20 taxi ride.
- Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs Parish Church. The village Catholic church is now its community centre. In the spring of 1902, Cyriac Saint-Amour bought a cross to install it in his orchard, where the church would be built. The Christian community gathered around this cross to gather and pray. The construction of a chapel began in 1920.
There are many hiking trails in the municipality. During the winter these trails are used for cross-country skiing.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs is blessed with 22 lakes (many are man-made). Only three lakes allow motor boats so tranquility reigns on the waters. There is no municipal beach; lakes have designated access areas that owners have rights to depending on terms of their deed.
There's not much in the village: there's a Rona Hardware store, and a Monchoix supermarket on Chemin Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs. There's a Tanger Outlet Mall about 4 km away in Saint-Sauveur-des-Monts.
- Royal Pizza - Laurentides, 636 Chemin de Ste Anne des Lacs, ☏ . Th-Sa 11:00-22:00, Su-W 11:00-21:00. Royal Pizza is the place to dine in Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs, because there aren't any others. Pizza, poutine, submarines and wings.
- Gite des Condors, 5 Chemin des Condors, ☏ . Weekend $225, one week $650.
- Complexe Le 60, 600 chemin Des Frenes, Piedmont (about 4 km from Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs), ☏ , toll-free: . Rooms, suites, chalets and condos. Free Wi-Fi, free parking, outdoor heated pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, playground for children. From $115.
- Hotel & Suites Les Laurentides, 190 Chemin De La Gare, Saint Sauveur des Monts (about 4 km from Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs), ☏ , toll-free: . All rooms are equipped with kitchenettes with fridge, stove, sink, basic microwave crockery, coffee maker and toaster. Free continental breakfast. Air conditioned rooms. From $76.
- Saint-Sauveur-des-Monts, 7 km away off Autoroute 15, is a ski resort town with shops and restaurants.
|Routes through Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs|
|Mont-Tremblant via ← Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts ←||N S||→ Saint-Jérôme → Montreal|