Sainthia is an economically important city in West Bengal. According to the 2011 Indian census, it is the 4th most populous city in Birbhum District; the city had a population of 44,601.
Sainthia is known as the business capital of Birbhum district and it is famous for Nandikeshwari Temple, one of the Shakti Peethas in the Indian Subcontinent.
- 1 Sainthia Junction railway station. Sainthia is well connected by rail to almost all the big stations in India and serves as one of the transport hubs of West Bengal.
By electric rickshaw
Electric rickshaw is the best option to get around within the city.
- 1 Nandikeshwari temple (Nandikeshwari Tala) (near Sainthia Junction railway station). This temple is part of the famous Shakti Peethas in Indian Subcontinent.
- 2 Nihar Smriti Udyan. This is a urban park/municipal park.
- 3 Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Udyan. is a urban park/municipal park near "Birbhum Vivekananda Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital" and an amazing view of the Mayurakshi river.
- 4 Raksha Kali Temple. A temple of Goddess Kali.
Important tourist places near Sainthia:
- Durga Puja, a festival honouring the Hindu goddess Durga, takes place in October. This is the biggest festival for Hindus in Bengal and Eastern India. Sainthia city is the Durga Puja destination of Birbhum district because there are more than 90 Durga Puja organised in the city during Durga Puja Festival. Just like Kolkata, Sainthia takes on an almost carnival like ambiance. Streets shut down for the construction of pandals, large stands that depict events from the Ramayana and crowds flock to the biggest and best ones. A good time to visit, unless you have a fear of crowds.
- Take a walk along the Mayurakshi river.
- Sainthia Book fair takes place from the last week of January to the first week of February.
Sainthia city has many shopping areas or streets. The Station Road area is considered the core of fashionable marketing. "Zedd Studio" is a clothing brand for men and they have a store in Station Road. There are large markets in College Road, R.K. Road and Saintha-Suri Road. The malls are a more recent addition. "Cosmo Bazaar" is the biggest mall in the city, at Sainthia-Suri Road. The biggest jewelry store in the city is "Senco Gold & Diamonds".
Sainthia has old traditions about eating out.
These are the famous restaurants in the city:
- Chhuti Restaurant, R. K. Road.
- Bagicha Restaurant & Cafe at New Bridge Road.
- Red Chilli Restaurant near Sainthia Municipality Office at NH 114.
These are the famous sweet shops in the city:
- Sarada Sweets near ICICI Bank at R. K. Road.
- Rooj Sweets near "United Bank of India ATM" at Station Road.
- Misti Mahal near "Sainthia Youth Computer Training Center" at Station Road.
- Rosoraj Sweets near "Sainthia Fire Station" at College Road.
There are many budget hotels in the city. These are the famous hotel/lodges in the city:
- 1 Hotel Chhuti, R. K. Road, ☏ . A/C and non-A/C rooms.
- 2 Hotel Dream, Sainthia-Suri Road, ☏ . A/C and non-A/C rooms are available.
- 3 Hotel Nataraj- A Nataraj Group, at Station Road (Next to Koutons Family Show Room), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 24/7, check-out: 24/7. Deluxe and A/C rooms available.
- 4 Mouchak Lodge, at Station Road, ☏ . A/C and non-A/C rooms.
- 5 Basanti Lodge, College Road, ☏ . A/C and non-A/C rooms.