While Salida is named for the Spanish word meaning "exit", the name is customarily pronounced according to English phonetics, as Sah-LIE-duh, rather than according to Spanish phonetics. The town's major industry is the Blue Diamond almond processing plant.
- 1 Boomers! Modesto, 4215 Bangs Avenue (E of Hwy 99, exit 232 or 233, at Sisk Rd), ☏ . Family play center: go karts, miniature golf, rock wall, batting cages, laser tag, flame thrower, kid's playland, etc. Actually in Salida, despite its Modesto address.
- [dead link] Salida Town & Country Parade & Festival, Broadway Av, downtown. 4th Saturday in August, 9AM–4PM. Annual parade, with booths and an entertainment stand. Free.
Salida has a few hotels, all near Highway 99. For other, possibly less expensive, accommodations, see nearby Modesto.
- 1 Fairfield Inn & Suites Modesto, 4342 Salida Blvd (W of Hwy 99, exit 232), ☏ , fax: .
- 2 La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, 4909 Sisk Rd (E of Hwy 99, exit 233: Broadway Av), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. Has free internet, hot breakfast, and nationwide calls. Swimming pool, business center, and fitness room and coin laundry are on site.
- 3 Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida, 4921 Sisk Rd (E of Hwy 99, exit 233: Broadway Av), ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, 4300 Bangs Avenue (E of Hwy 99, exit 232 or 233), toll-free: .
- 1 Salida Public Library, 4835 Sisk Rd (E of Hwy 99, exit 233, Broadway Av, turn S on Sisk), ☏ , (info desk). M–Tu 10AM–8PM; W–Th 10AM–6PM; Sa 10AM–5PM. Closed F, Su. All the usual library things, including public computers, wi-fi. Free.
|Routes through Salida|
|Sacramento ← Ripon ←||N S||→ Modesto → Fresno|