Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC IATA) is located in the western side of Salt Lake City just off of I-80. It is one of the most important airports in the southwestern United States and is a good starting point for tours of national parks, including Yellowstone National Park.
Salt Lake City International Airport is connected with several US cities, with Canada and Mexico. From Europe the airport is connected with Amsterdam Schiphol, Paris Charles de Gaulle and London Heathrow airports.
The airport is accessible from I-80 at exit 115 B or from I-215 at exits 22 and 22 B. The airport can also be accessed from North Temple street and Utah State Route 154 (Bangerter Highway) both of which terminate and merge into the airport's Terminal Drive.
At the airport
- Alamo, toll-free: . 7AM-Midnight.
- Avis, ☏ .
- Budget, ☏ .
- Dollar, toll-free: . 7AM-11PM.
- Enterprise, toll-free: . 7AM-Midnight.
- Hertz, toll-free: . 7AM-11PM.
- National, toll-free: . 7AM-Midnight.
- Payless, ☏ .
- Thrifty, toll-free: . 7AM-11PM.
Nearby the airport
By private car service
At the southern end of the airport terminal is the TRAX station, from where you can take the light rail ("TRAX Green Line 704") every 15-20 minutes to the center of Salt Lake City and from there continue to West Valley City. The ride costs $ 2.50. If you wish, you can also switch to other lines along the route and then, for example, take the "FrontRunner 750" line to Ogden or Provo.
- Delta Sky Club (Concourse A, Level 2 east of the new Airport Plaza). Daily: 4:45AM-12:30AM.
Eat and drink
There are four restaurants in Concourse A, three in Concourse B and four in Terminal Plaza.
There are several shops throughout the airport. There are also two ATMs, respectively in concourse A and concourse B.
Free WI-FI connection. Select the network "SLCAirport.wifi" and register.
At the southern end of the airport you will find a large number of airport hotels that also offer a free shuttle service to the terminal.
Because you live much cheaper or more comfortably for the money in other parts of the city, an airport hotel in Salt Lake City is only recommended if you really appreciate an overnight stay in close proximity to the airport.
- 1 Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport, 1990 West North Temple St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. The cheapest hotel in the airport chain. It has an outdoor pool, coin laundry, and includes Wi-Fi.
- 2 Comfort Suites Airport, 171 North 2100 West. Hotel with 104 spacious rooms on 4 floors. Last refurbishment in 2007. All units with refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast included in the price (about $ 130). Free airport shuttle.