Asia > Southeast Asia > Indonesia > Kalimantan > East Kalimantan > Samarinda
- tourist information art culture service, sudirman no 22 samarinda, ☎ .
There are many buses from Balikpapan. The journey takes 2 hours and costs Rp21,000. Alternately a bus from the airport directly to Samarinda that costs Rp250,000.
Samarinda is served by Temindung Airport (SRI IATA), a small airport with only a few flights from Tarakan and Berau (near Derawan). The new Samarinda International Airport (BSB), also known as Sungai Siring (named after the small village it was built over), will be Samarinda's main airport when it opens, and will serve flights from other major cities in Indonesia. For now, fly to Balikpapan and then go to Samarinda by road transport.
- Islamic Center Mosque, Jl. Slamet Riyadi No.1, Teluk Lerong Ulu. Inspired by the Hagia Sophia in Turkey and opened in 2008. A major attraction in the city.
- Baka village weaving sarung. On the other side of the Mahakam River.
- Mahakam River boat trips.
- Pampang Cultural Village, Pampang (24 km from Samarinda). Su 2-4pm. Dayak tribe cultural show.
- BIGmall. Daily 10:00–22:00. A big modern mall, true to its name.
- Citra Niaga. Daily. Street market.
- Mesra Indah Mall.
- Pasar Pagi.
- Pasar Segiri. Market.
Buy traditional and other food in market, or amplang (fish crackers) in surianata next to Islamic centre.
- Amplang Indah Sari, Jl. Slamet Riyadi No 18 RT 15, ☎ . Local food with delicious taste. Made from special ingredients and local fish.
- Pisang Gapit, Jalan Muhammad Said (Jl. Moh. Said).
There are many cheap hotels.
- Hotel gelora
- Hotel asia
- Hotel aida
- Hotel hidaya
- mutiara Hotel in bihaind of mall
- Mesra Business & Resort Hotel.
flight to airport temindung by call start or susy air
by bus samarinda balikpapan and samarinda sengata berau
by private boath from samarinda to pare pare