Asia > Southeast Asia > Indonesia > Kalimantan > East Kalimantan > Samarinda
There are many buses from Balikpapan. The journey takes 2 hours and costs Rp21,000. Alternately a bus from the airport directly to Samarinda that costs Rp250,000.
Samarinda is served by Temindung Airport (IATA: SRI), a small airport with only a few flights from Tarakan and Berau (near Derawan). The new Samarinda International Airport [dead link] (BSB) also known as Sungai Siring (named after the small village it was built over), will be Samarinda's main airport when it opens, and then serve also flights from other major cities in Indonesia. For now, to get to Samarinda from other areas, you should fly to Balikpapan and then go to Samarinda by road transport.
There many thing s you can get and see around Samarinda traditional market of product economy
- Segiri market
- Pasar pagi
- Citra niaga shopping centre trade
- Baka village weaving sarung samarinda centre produk baka village over side mahakam river
- Dayak tribe show on Sunday 2pm-4pm in PamPang village(24km from Samarinda)
- mahakam river vew bank
- visit islamic centre
- market and other facilitas mall shopping centre
- make and join karaoke
by other food and traditional food in market or amplang in surianata next of Islamick centre
- Pisang Gapit.
- Amplang Indah Sari (Amplang Indah Sari), Jl. Slamet Riyadi No 18 RT 15, ☎ . Local food with delicious taste. Made from special ingredients and local fish.
- tourist information art culture service, sudirman no 22 samarinda, ☎ . if you would get information all your trip get to tourist office
there are many cheper hotel in samarinda
- Hotel gelora
- Hotel asia
- Hotel aida
- Hotel hidaya
- mutiara Hotel in bihaind of mall
- Mesra indah
get out samarinda is easy
flight to airport temindung by call start or susy air by bus samarinda balikpapan and samarinda sengata berau
tourist information information sudirman no 22 samarinda
by private boath from samarinda to pare pare