San Carlos is in Negros Occidental. Although the province name translates as Western Negros, this city is actually on the east coast of the island.
San Carlos is a relatively small city (132,536 in 2015 census) but has an excellent harbor and is a moderately important port.
Bus & minivans
- Lite Shipping Line ferries cross the Tañon Strait to Toledo on Cebu Island, fares from ₱165 + port fee ₱20. The trip takes 1 hr 30 min-2 hours. The ferry departs 01:30, 03:00, 05:00, 07:00, 09:00, 10:00, 13:00, 15:30, 18:00.
- Fast Cat also have ferries from San Carlos to Toledo. 01:00, 05:00, 09:00, 13:00, 27:00. Fares from ₱225.
- E B Aznar Shipping Corp has a fast craft from San Carlos to Toledo. 04:45, 07:30, 08:30, 11:30, 12:30, 15:30. Fares from ₱225.
Metro Cebu is not far from Toledo.
- A bus from Toledo to Cebu City costs ₱70, and a minivan costs ₱110.
- Tricycles, ₱8 1st 2 km (1.2 mi).
- Rarlynns Swim Center (peoples park San Carlos). 10:00-18:00. ₱70.
- Peopes Park, V Gustilo Street. 18:00-22:00. A nice park to walk around has a board walk over looking the sea. ₱5.
Malls & supermarkets
- 1 Gaisano Mall. 10:00-20:00. Major chain with malls in many cities. Has a Gaisano supermarket
- Puregold Supermarket, Carmona Street. 08:00-20:00.
- City Mall, Azcona Street & Endrina Street. 08:00-21:00.
- Unitop Department store, Gustillo Street. 09:00-20:00.
- Savemore Market CityMall Branch
- Savemore Market Locsin Branch
- 7-Eleven crn Locsin street & Rizal street open 24 hours a day
Banks & ATMs
- Metro Bank, S Carmona Street. 24 hour ATM. Mastercard/Visa card ATM.
- PNB Bank, V Gustilo Street. 24 hour ATM. Visa card ATM.
- Jollibee, Gaisano Mall & Citi Mall. 07:00-22:00. Breakfast 07:00-11:00
- Mc Donalds next to Gaisano mall.
- Chowking. CityMall
- Mang Inasal. CitiMall.
- Central market food court 6am-6pm. Much lower prices than the malls.
- 1 Yoyongs Travellers Inn, Locsin St (5 mins walk from the port and city plaza.), ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Fan double rooms with outside bathrooms or a/c double rooms with own bathroom. All rooms have free WiFi and cable TV. ₱250/₱450.
- 2 Dragon Inn, Mondragon St (Benoit building), ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Fan and ac double rooms with own hot water bathroom and cable TV. ₱350/₱500.
- 3 F B Travelers Inn, Eco tourist highway, ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Economy fan or a/c double with own bathroom and cable TV. from ₱495.
- Mom's Hotel and Restaurant, F C Ledesma Avenue (next to Gaisano mall.), ☏ , (mobile). Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. air-con double room with own hot water bathroom. all rooms have cable tv and free wifi. best to call to book a room ₱620.
- ECO Inn Broce Street. Over the street from Tandang sora elementary school. Phone 09331011777.double air con room with own bathroom cable TV from 495.
- Smart Data. 7 days. 2GB Data and free youtube. ₱99.