San José de Jáchal is on National Rte 40, south of the Jáchal River. The bus terminal is at Presidente Perón and Laprida, six blocks east and three blocks south of the plaza.
No public buses go to Chile, but La Serena Jeep Tours - Tel. +56 5121 4305, occasionally do the trip. The pass is only open in summer.
- Templo de San José. Declared a national historical monument, for the evangelization tradition it represents in the Cuyo region. The temple was authorized in 1785 and its parish hall was the scene of many major historical events.
- Los Cauquenes Dam. Water reflecting like a mirror, with mackerel fish in abundance for fishing. Practice boating and water skiing. Ample room for camping.
- La Ciénaga (25 km from Jáchal). Beautiful, green area with camping facilities.
- Huerta de Huachi. A lovely place to spend a weekend, enjoying the beautiful landscape. It looks like a garden between the hills with a large amount of fruit trees and a swimming pool.
- Ischigualasto Provincial Park.
- Pachimoco Dam (10 km out of Jáchal on Rte 150).
- Termas de Agua Hedionda - Huaco (Hot springs) (On Rte 491, 30 km from Jáchal). At 1,100 m elevation in the narrow and colourful Huaco Ravine. The thermal baths temperature is around 24°C, only open in summer. Nearby is a 300 year old mill.
- Termas Agua Negra (Hot springs) (10 km out of Jáchal). Water temperatures around 24°C. Open in summer.
- Termas de Pismanta (Hot springs).
- 1000 Ochocientos, Juan de Echegaray 573 (Calle San Martín and Echegaray), ☏ . Interesting drinks and entrees and artifacts to look at while you're eating.
- Apart Hotel Hualta Picum, Sarmiento 749, ☏ .
- Hostería Huaco, Calle la Paz s/n, ☏ .
- Hotel Plaza, Domingo Faustino 344 SUR, ☏ . a traditional sort of place. USD9–17.
- Hotel San Martin, Echegaray 367, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. USD11-18.
- Municipal El Vivero Campsite (3 km outside San José de Jáchal), ☏ .
- Pension La Casona, Rawson 596, ☏ .
- Casa de la Cultura y Turismo On the plaza’s north sid. Tel. 02647 420003, int. 311
- San Juan Clasur and TAC, Tel. 0264 4214108
- Guandacol & Villa Unión, La Rioja Transportes Fernández (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)