You can take the 7E bus from Salta. It costs $7 (November 2017), and the fare must be paid by transit card. If you don't have a Salta transit card, just get on the bus and find another passenger who will let you give them the cash and use their card.
- Finca Lesser. Horse riding, the scenery, the views... It's spectacular!!
- 1 Quebrada de San Lorenzo (at the end of Juan Carlos Davalos). Take a hike through beautiful mountainside forests. The 7E bus from Salta takes you all the way to the trailhead, which has tourist information, bathrooms, a few restaurants, and a couple of shops. From there, keep going west to find the trail. Follow the yellow arrows and ignore the "propiedad privada" signs. The trail ends at a clearing with a wacky metal statue and beautiful views of San Lorenzo and Salta. Free.
- La Monumental.
- 1 Andres Restaurant, Juan Carlos Davalos 1401, ☏ . Daily 12:00–16:00, Th–Sa 20:00–00:00.
- 2 El Duende, Av. Juan Carlos Davalos 2309.
- Dionicio Pizzeria.
- Casa Hernandez, José Hernández 406. A lovely B&B run by a lovely Dutch couple. They have four rooms and a delicious breakfast including bread baked in the kitchen. They are incredibly helpful and so enthusiastic about San Lorenzo and Salta.
- The obvious direction to go is back to Salta, from which you can access plenty of other small towns and natural attractions.